Newbie question - how to do a Focus search

Hi! I just can’t figure out how to do a Focus search. I have looked in the User Guide, but it doesn’t tell me how to initiate the search.

What I am trying to do is make a playlist of my many high resolution files - something I did regularly in iTunes.

So how do I initiate a Focus search?

Thanks for the help.

Peter

Go to Albums, click the Focus icon, in the Focus Screen move the screen to see additional options on the right, select Format, and then select the format that you want.

1 Like

Perfect! Thanks.

Peter

If Focus is indeed one of the key features of Roon it would be nice to see a clickable icon on every screen to give immediate access to it from wherever one might currently be. IMHO at least.

Note that Focus is different however when you select Artist, Album, Tracks, Composers or Works … but for a fast track button it should allow all options of Focus (Albums) at least in the current V1.2 scenario.

Thanks for pointing that out Paul. something a bit more to study.

Peter

HI . Been using Roon for a few weeks now and have all my music indexed Found the SQ to be far better then its competitors . I know Roon Labs are not looking at accessing folders etc directly any time soon . So is there a way of accessing certain tracks located in folders on my drive using Focus.

Using the main search or track path search is a bit of a hit and miss affair at the moment.

cheers

1 Like

Do you have a bunch of individual tracks grouped together in a folder? If, yes, then, there is a workaround that can be done.

Or, are you trying to find one track of an album? In which case, I would say, use the Search Tool, and if you are not getting good result then, post here and provide the examples so the devs can improve search.

Hi
Thanks.
Yes i have individusl tracks in a folder
What eoykd be the work around
Cheets

That’s really what the Tracks View is for. Although it is strange they don’t have a filter function on the Tracks page.

There is a filter possibility on each text column in the Tracks Browser.

Doh :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Shows I don’t use Track View much.