Newly added album with mislabeled track as MQA

It would be nice to have the ability to disable all things MQA, I don’t want to waste time analyzing for MQA content.

1 Like

It wouldn’t take any time as it’s a background task. Surely you want the information to be accurate on what the file is.

I know where the audio analysis takes place. I don’t buy MQA content it’s lossy, so I don’t want to waste CPU cycles on it.

Then it’s as well to be informed if any creeps in. This will ensure you avoid it.

1 Like

I had one album using dBpoweramp convert from wav to flac. Why roon identify this album as mqa?

Hey @Choon_Chiat_Pua,

I have moved your question into this thread.

You can read it all If you’re interested – the short answer is here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/newly-added-album-with-mislabeled-track-as-mqa/28241/9

This morning, I noticed some “albums” being tagged as MQA.

The left one is a handful of internet radio shows I time shift, and the right one is downloaded mp3s from a college radio station.

I can provide tracks or additional information, if needed.

Hey @Steve_Kalkwarf

I have moved your question into this thread.

You can read it all If you’re interested – however the short answer is it’s a known bug, Roon are aware, and it should be fixed in the next release.

PS Could you confirm what version of Roon you are running.

Thanks, somehow I missed this.

Version 1.3 build 242

Just added six albums, three are wrongly identified as ‘MQA’. Two (the outer albums in the screenshot) are actually MP3 (forgive me, they’re downloads you receive when buying the vinyl copy :slight_smile: ), the middle one is an ALAC 88/24 from Qobuz. In all three cases it’s one track in each album that is identified as an MQA file.

This is probably unrelated, but is there a reason why the track listing of some albums show bitrate/sample depth per track under the track titles and others don’t? This is when you are looking at the album view.

It only shows when there is a mix of different formats/sample rates for the album, or in this case erroneous mqa identification.

IMO, this detection code should have been disabled in a quick bug fix build already.