Next album not playing

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon Nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Hard wired wi fi to switching gear TVs and streamers

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Linn streamers x 2 hard wired to switching device and nucleus computer

Description Of Issue
Number of albums placed in queue but each time when the last track in an album is played the next album is not moved on to and requires an instruction to play from here.

Hi @Wesley_Tinney,

Could you try rebooting the Nucleus.

If that does not help is there anything different, like sample rate, between the albums?

PS also try rebooting the Linn.

Hi Carl,
Many thanks for the very prompt response.
I will reboot the Linn streamer at the end of tonight’s listening and ascertain if that was the issue. I will also reboot the Roon Nucleus. Do you think the nucleus should be rebooted on a regular basis?
Some of the albums were of different sample rates but some were of similar sample rates.
I will let you know the result of rebooting tomorrow.
Again, I appreciate the very prompt response to my query.
Thanks,
Wesley.

This problem has kept coming and going since I got my first Linn system summer 2019. It can disappear for months and then it comes back. Linn firmware updates seem sometimes to make it disappear for a while, but recently I’ve had it with two different Linn systems, Klimax DSM and Selekt DSM, both with the latest firmware. When it happens, a close look shows that play has stopped, but Roon still “believes” there’s 1 second to play. Looking at the Roon logs, one sees repeated indications that Roon is asking Linn to play that last second, but nothing happens. In other words, it looks like Roon Core and Linn DSM disagree on the state of play. But this does not always happen. Sometimes, it seems that something with the DSM brings it back. Yesterday, I had to reboot my Klimax DSM because of a local network change that made it disappear from both Kazoo and Roon. After that, I played several new albums, both local and Qobuz, with no issue until I hit upon one that showed the problem, repeatably. Here’s my bug report:

Hi @Wesley_Tinney,

Thanks for contacting us! Does the issue only impact your Linn zones or does it impact other zones as well? If it is only Linn that is impacted here, we have an active investigation into this issue with Linn and are trying to track down the root cause.

I have just added your report to the investigation, but any additional details you can share would be helpful - Does it only happen after playing for X amount of time? You can try to enable up-sampling via Roon’s DSP, it would be good to know if this helps with the issue!

Hi Norris,
After the Linn Akurate Exakt was rebooted yesterday the issue has not arisen again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.