Nexus 6p Android 7.1.1 [resolved]

I have :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Danny, Sounds like you are almost thereā€¦that splash screen landscape then portrait is typical of what Iā€™ve experience after installā€¦and reinstall, and reinstallā€¦Looking forward to 1.3

Similar problem on pixel with 7.1. Coincidentally i updated the pixel to npf26j and the roon app around the same time. Right now roon starts landscape, rotates and does not show anything anymore.

If i set dpi in the developer settings to something very wide, it will stay in tlandscape.

Today my Nexus 6P phone received the official update to Android 7.1.1
I am sad to see that the problem I had with the preview version of Android in October still exists: the crash after the splash screen appears.
One of the things that made me choose for Roon, is the fact that I can use Roon from all my devices. Therefore I think itā€™s kind of important to fix this bug.

this is now impacting the Pixel XL as of today following the 7.1.1 update yesterday. Roon launches in landscape, flips to portrait and crashes.

went into settings / applications and killed the cache and app data. re-launched and while it did the same flipping thing it loaded and was working.

closed out all active apps, re-launched Roon and the crash is back.

I have a Pixel C tablet thatā€™s been running 7.1.1 for a while as early release and itā€™s been fine so seems that the resolution thing as @danny mentioned previously is the cause for the phone ā€¦ that said not sure why it suddenly popped up when it was fine until this moment on the phone.

Yeah, clearing app data works for me. Just the cache doesnā€™t cut it, but at least itā€™s a work around. Cumbersome thoughā€¦

I have the bug reported over one month ago using a Nexus 5X. No reaction so far. Poor support for a paying customer

Hey all - sorry for the ongoing issues here.

We were hoping one of two things were going to happen: either Androidā€™s issue would be fixed before they went to production or, if they didnā€™t fix it, perhaps 1.3 would be out before then.

Clearly, neither of these happened. So as of last night we have redirected some internal QA resources and are testing another 1.2 release to address this issue.

Our plan is to ship the fix as soon as itā€™s been fully tested. Look for it as soon as possible guys, and again, apologies for the trouble here.

Hi - do you know if this is an issue on the Nexus 9 too? Donā€™t want to update that and be left with no means of controlling my systemā€¦
Thanks
Brian

All ---- As @Mike mentioned we have been working on a fix to rectify this issue. Please be advised that build 168 is available which should address this problem :sunglasses: May I kindly ask you to share your observations once youā€™ve updated. Many thanks!

-Eric

Received today an update of the Roon remote app. Problem is fixed for my Nexus 5X. Finally! Thank you!

1 Like

A fix 3 days after the official release and you say finally. Wow tough crowd indeed.

2 Likes

Yup working on my 6pā€¦thanks! Will try on my nexus 9 tooā€¦

1 Like

Another happy Nexus 6P user. Top!

1 Like

finally :wink:

yes. this fixed my issue on the pixel too!

All good Eric. Thank you very very much for the fix!

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.