Nexus 9 won't connect to core

I have a Nexus 9 tablet that I want to use as a remote. I installed Roon Remote app, but when I started the app it keeps trying to connect to my core but the keeps failing to connect. I have rebooted both core and tablet with no effect. In the Audio section of Roon Settings it is not showing as a “Network Device”. The core is a Windows 10 PC and the Nexus is running Android 7.1.1. Any suggestions?

Charles perhaps your wifi is using a different subnet to the lan where your core is. I’m not too familiar with the android devices but it’s usually a setting in your router so some details of the network would be useful, like equipment used etc.

One app called FING could be used to see if it can see your lan devices and core perhaps plus show you the IP address of your tablet.

Hi @Charles_Grubbs ------ Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us, both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, may I kindly ask you to please provide me with the following:

• Can you confirm that you have no active firewalls or antivirus applications currently running anywhere in your setup.

• If you do, I would recommend disabling and verifying if the remote can still not reach the core.

• When the device is trying to connect to the core have you tried manually entering the IP address of the Win10 PC?

• After you tried the confirmed/tried the above, two troubleshooting exercises we’ve recommended to others are:

• TEST #1:

1. Shut down your Core
  2. Open Roon on your Remote
    Tip: If you are using a phone, make sure you keep it awake
  3. Roon should be on the “Searching For Core” screen
  4. Start up the Core
  • TEST #2:
  1. Start up your Core
  2. Open Roon on your Remote
    Tip: If you are using a phone, make sure you keep it awake
  3. Kill the Roon app
    Tip: If you are using Android please go to Settings > Apps > Roon > Force Stop
  4. Restart Roon on on your Remote

Furthermore, I would also consider the advice given by @wizardofoz (:thumbsup: )

-Eric