No album art on newly added albums

A few days ago, Roon stopped including album art when I add a new album from Tidal to my library. The edit/identify_album feature will retrieve the album “manually” though. The only system change I recall making (prior to this problem) was to reassign main storage from a Mac Mini to the hard drive of my sonicTransporter i9. I haven’t tried changing it back yet.

Hello @Tom_K, have you signed out and back into TIDAL since this started occurring?

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

No, I had not signed out and back into Tidal. I just tried that, and when I add a new album the same problem occurs. Plus I get a message saying it is taking longer than usual.

The issue occurs every time I try to add a new album.

My Core machine is a sonicTransporter i9.
Latest Roon build, I think. 1.7 build 667.
Cable to Orbi modem/router then to Orbi satellite router next to hifi system; sat router feeds sTi9 by wired ethernet.

Music Library is on a SS drive in the sTi9;
9,816 tracks according to Roon display;
I use Tidal.

Hello @Tom_K, have you tried going into Settiings>Setup and clearing your image cache? Please also try temporarily disabling your firewall/antivirus and seeing if that helps?

Clearing the image cache did not help.
The firewall was off for recent downloads; no antivirus active either.

I’m seeing the following message when music is playing and I click on the spinning progress circle in the upper right corner:

However, I seem to have the latest Roon version already.

Hello @Tom_K, for the metadata improver message, the message should go away if you reboot. Please let me know if that works!

The album art seems to be working again.
When I added an album just now, I did not notice that message but I did get the art. It happened fast enough that I didn’t get much of a chance to click on that spinning progress circle.

I had restarted the Roon server in the past 2 days or so.

Hello @Tom_K, glad things are working again! Please let us know if you have any further issues.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.