No Audio Device available

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Intel NUC8i3BEH with ROCK 1.7 (build 571)/ Windows 10 1909/ 1.7 (571)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Realtek on Board or Ifi Zen DAC

Description Of Issue

Hello,

i just try Roon and it’s amazing! But i have a Problem on my Windows PC. It worked very fine on the frist run but now there is no Sound Device availible. When I open the settings and choose audio: there are 3 different options (screenshot 1) but after a few seconds (while trying to enable screeenshot 2) all 3 devices are gone (screenshot 3). After that I tried with my ifi Zen Dac but no chance to get any Audio Device to work. There might be a problem while activating the Sound Device.

What can i do to solve this Problem?

Temporarily stop your windows firewall and see if they come back.

Thanks for the hint, but it hasn’t changed anything. I try a lot and now i find a sollution.
Asus sonic studio caused the problem!

1 Like

Hi @Hans_Troschel,

I’m glad to hear that you were able to resolve this! Would you be able to elaborate on what exactly you had to do with Asus Sonic Studio to get this working? It might be helpful for others in the future and we’d love to get this documented.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @dylan ,

no problem.
I just closed the application (Sonic Studio) it was active in the tray bar. After that i started roon und could activate the sound device(s) without a problem. Because i don’t need the Asus Sonic Studio i just deativated the automatic start in the task manager. Now everything seems to be fine.

If i now close ronn and start the sonic Studio, start roon again --> the Problem comes back, so for me it’s 100% clear that the Problem has to do with the sonic studio.

I hope this helps

If a Roon endpoint is in ‘Exclusive mode’, is it visible to other sound outputting programs at all, or visible but just not controllable by them? Is what you’re seeing that situation but in reverse - I.e., the Asus program is “capturing” your DAC in a sort of exclusive mode, such that Roon can’t see it? Just wondering…

It depends, I’m using an EVGA NU Audio Card and it’s ASIO drivers, while playing PCM the device is seen in the Windows sound device in Control Panel, but, other programs cannot use the output device. However, when I start playing DSD, the device completely dissappears from Windows Control Panel Sound Devices list.

Will, usually, reappear when I close Roon. Sometimes, it stays missing until I reboot.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.