No audio device found, Meridian Endpoints not showing, cannot connect to core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro/Roon 1.8 Build 778

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio equipments connected to a Netgear switch, and switch connect to FritzBox

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Sonos, AppleTV, Meridian ID41, 218

Description Of Issue

Since the last build, I have lost all my Meridian Zones, and I cannot connect to core from another device, iPhone, iPad and MacBook. Roon can see my MacBook, AppleTV and Sonos on Audio device setup.

Everything actually worked fine when I first updated to 1.8; and the issue only starts on subsequent build. I have updated to 778 this morning and restart without any luck.

Hi, after a week and no one has replied - just want to give this a bump in case it’s missed.

Hi @sparoz

Apologies for the delay! Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Was there any change to your networking setup at all? What is the model of Netgear switch in use? Have you tried rebooting your router and switch since this started occurring?

If you disable the firewall on your Windows machine as a quick test is there any change at all?

Hi Dylan

No change in networking setup. It’s a netgear gs308. I have rebooted all the router and switch. I have disabled the firewall and there’s no change.

Cheers
Steve

Any news on a solution?

Hi. Did you ever get a solution from roon? My Audio Devices also went missing after upgrade.

I ended up have to turn off all firewall for it to work, including public traffic. I am unsure how the upgrade has changed it that becomes a requirement.

Thanks for the reply. My problem has moved on I’m afraid.: the Server is no longer accessible to Roon remotes (even though it is entirely accessible on the Network). Roon tech are trying to resolve it.

Thanks anyway for your time in answering.