No audio device in Windows 11

Roon Core Machine

Synology1520p

Networking Gear & Setup Details

No wifi, everything with standard ethernet cables. On my 192.168.99.x everything works fine and all devices can ping all other devices.

Connected Audio Devices

Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt in the USB port of my Windows 11 laptop (Surface laptop 3).
Of course, there is a standard audio driver in the laptop / Windows 11, so even without the Dragonfly it should work. When Windows 10 was on the laptop, it worked with and withoud the Dragonlfy. After upgrading to Windows 11, no audio devices in Roon anymore…

Number of Tracks in Library

A lot, but far less that others.

Description of Issue

No audio devices at all. How can I add the standard Windows 11 audio device? And how can I add the Dragonfly Cobalt? When I start the Tidal app I see all audio devices. Roon sees none. Why? Pleaes help.

So, no audio devices IN ROON APP. There are audio devices in Windows 11 and in the Tidal App for Windows. So, now I play my Tidal music with the Tidal App on the Windows 11 PC because the Roon App on that very same PC does not have audio devices. Strange situation. I hope someone can help me with this problem, so I can use the Roon App again on my PC.

UPDATE: The Roon App on my Windows 11 does see audio devices which are external so like a BlueSound 2i in my network. And it sees my Astell&Kern SP1000M. But it does NOT see my Windows 11 computer itself, which has speakers and on the USB port I always have a Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt on which the Tidal app can play music, but the Dragonfly is not seen at all by the Roon App. Why not? Please help.

No one here from support to help me? How long does it normally takes? Thank you! :slight_smile:

I have same problem too. Not always, But very frequently.

My PC Window 10 pro (version : 21H1)

Have you added roon to the firewall exceptions?

1 Like

Hi Martijn. I’m having exactly the same problem - since upgrade to win11 I can’t see the sound outputs on this pc, only every other output in my network (the core, and other end points). Hope can get it sorted as this pc is my office/mancave one and I love listening via Roon whilst working

This is most commonly an issue with the Windows firewall blocking access to the Roon process that talks to audio devices. Try disabling the Windows firewall and see if that makes a difference. If so then you’ll want to be sure that exceptions are in place for Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe as noted in this FAQ document:

1 Like

Thanks Andrew, but this doesn’t make any difference, unfortunately. Have tried disabling firewall on both core and end point

I cannot explain, but the problem suddenly was resolved. I am very sorry I can not tell you what happend just before the solution was there…

I am also having the same problem. I already added the roon.exe in the firewall exemption but still the app is not able to see laptop speakers and even the USB DAC I connected. I also turned off the firewall and I was able to see the audio devices connected to my laptop but they disappear when I turn back on the firewall.
My laptop is an Asus ProArt Studiobook H7600HM with Windows 11 Pro. Roon support please respond or help on this issue…

same here Audio devices missing

This is what update note says…

Changes for Build 952:

• Overhauled Core/Remote connection mechanism

I guess this is what is causing my problem?

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.