No Audio Devices found (Chord Hugo)

Hi @support

I’m having issues controlling Roon from my iPhone or MacBook when Roon has been idle for a period of time.

The issue is the App on iPhone or MacBook doesn’t auto find my audio device (Chord Hugo TT DAC)

The issues is resolved when I log into my Mac Mini via screen sharing (which my core is on). Once I’ve done this the audio output can be seen on my iPhone or MacBook. Seems strange. Any ideas on how to rectify this bug?

Many Thanks
Ade

Hi @Adrian_Robson ---- Thank you for the report and the feedback. To help aide in my evaluation of this behavior may I kindly ask you to please provide the following information:

1. An expanded description of your setup as here.

2. Please describe your network configuration/topology as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you are implementing. I want to understand how your devices are communicating and what tools you are using to make those connections.

3. Has this always been an issue while using the application or is this a recent observation? If it is indeed the latter, can you think of any changes that have been made to your setup? No detail is too small.

4. Can you verify if you are using any antivirus applications or have active firewalls anywhere in your setup?

-Eric

Hi Eric

My set up is as follows.

2010 Mac Mini running Roon (not Roon Server) - directly connected to a Chord Hugo TT DAC

The Specs of the Mac are as follows:
8GB RAM (1067 metz DDR3) running Sierra - latest version. 2.4Ghz intel core duo 2 processor. 320GB SATA hard drive. Running headless with no display but using screen share from another Mac to manage.

I’m using an iPhone 7+ to control
Music is on a QNAP TS410 NAS

I’m not using any other outputs other than the Chord DAC at the moment.

1. Network is hard wired throughout - using AirPort Extreme and Netgear switch

2. It’s been a recent problem. I’ve only used Roon again recently after changing from a NAIM NDX to Chord Hugo TT DAC. I didn’t have an issue last year when I used an M2Tech DSD Young DAC

3. I’m not using any anti virus but the Firewall in OSX is turned ON.

Hope this helps ??

Hi @CautiousLip ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. Bot hare appreciated.

Moving forward, may I ask you to please temporarily disable the active firewall and see if this yields a change in behavior here.

-Eric

Hi

I’ve adjusted some settings in the Firewall to only allow Roon connections when the Firewall is on. There was 3 other things permitted (as well as Roon) when I checked, and only one of them was known to me, the other 2 may have been causing conflict.

This morning, all seems fine and I can see the DAC as an available zone on my iPhone.

Thanks so much for your help. I’ll let you know if problems re-occur and will completely disable the firewall to test if I need to.

Cheers

Ade

Hi Eric

This is the issue. When I enable RAATServer the Hugo TT DAC can’t be seen when Roon has been idle for a few mins. With this blocked it seems to work fine.

Can you advise ?

Many Thanks

Ade

Hi Eric

Sorry to spam you… !

I think I’ve found the issue. My Mac Mini (which has the core on) was going to sleep. Not sure why the settings had changed but I think this may have been the issue. When screen sharing it seems to wake it up which is why the iPhone App starts to see the device again.

I’ll update again if anything changes

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @CautiousLip ---- Thank you for the follow up and no worries at all lol The feedback is welcomed :sunglasses: It sounds like you found the culprit here, we recommend not having the machine hosting your core go to sleep while in use because then you will not be able to access it from remote devices or control your audio zones.

Please keep me updated and if further assistance is needed just drop me a flag using “@Eric”.

-Eric