No audio devices found + Error loading page on Tidal

Core Machine

SonicTransporter 2.7

Network Details
My core machine is connected through Ethernet using a Sagemcom modem/router and a TP-Link TL-PA8030P AV1200 3-Port Gigabit Passthrough Powerline Ethernet adaptor.

Audio Devices
Various devices. Main is a Micro Rendu (Ethernet to USB, going into a Pro Ject DAC, all normally recognized by Roon). I also use a Bluesound Node 2 through Ethernet, normally recognized, and some portable device and my personal computer. All used to work perfectly.

Library Size

24989 Tracks (Without Tidal tracks)

Description Of Issue

The setup worked flawlessly for years, but I now have what looks like a network issue I can’t pinpoint. Suddenly, I had the “No audio devices found” message, as well as the “Error loading page Please check your network connection. RELOAD PAGE” message when trying to look at the TIDAL main page in the Browse section.

Two things changed before: a new DNS server, and I had to delete one of my Roon backup DB from the USB Drive where my main music collection is because of a space issue. The drive is connected directly to the SonicTranporter.

I have done most of the traditional troubleshooting, including rebooting everything I could, clearing caches, plugging and unplugging, to no effect. All the other components on my network are working normally. Where else should I look to correct the situation? Thanks!

@support do you think I can get some help here? Roon has not been working for more than a week now, and I am really clueless on how to fix this issue… Thanks in advance!

You may have checked this already, but can you see any audio devices in Settings > Audio? What is the OS, where your core is running?

Hello! Thanks for your reply. The Settings > Audio page is blank. There is nothing on it. Core is running on SonicTranporter V2.7 (Small Green Computer).

I missed the core config in your OP 🤦, sorry for that. I’m no Roon expert, just trying to troubleshoot by process or elimination - Your core connects to the DAC over Ethernet, through Micro Rendu correct? if you have not tried this already, is it possible to attach a DAC directly and see if the core detects the audio channel?

I don’t know if you magically touched something. But on a precautionary basis I restarted the Sonic Orbiter (for the Nth time) and… my audio zones are all back…! It never worked since I originally reported the problem :man_shrugging: I am clueless about why, now, they decided to show up…! So I tried to disconnect and reconnect Tidal - and voila - it’s also back! Sooo… what happened? What is for sure is that for now, my entire Roon ecosystem looks like it’s back to normal! :smiley: So - thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Salut @Alain_Robillard-Bast,

I’m very sorry we didn’t get a chance to reply until, well, the issue was resolved. Thank you for letting us know about it, engaging on our community and for sharing the resolution.

We appreciate your unwavering effort :pray:

Enjoy the music and, if the problem resurfaces, please, make sure to let us know :nerd_face: