No Audio Devices Found-how to remedy?

I see this is a well known matter, but none of the threads seem to solve my issue. Been running roon for a about a month now, (new user) core 1.5 mac os 10.13.4. And just today, I get this error message after the music quits playing.

Where do I go to troubleshoot this issue?

thanks.

First off reboot all devices including your router.

1 Like

Thank you for your report, @David_G! We always appreciate your feedback.

To start, may I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

May I also ask that you please verify the following:

• As @Carl mentioned (thanks, Carl!), have you tried rebooting your router? I also recommend power cycling your Core machine as well as any endpoints.
  • Do you have any firewall or antivirus enabled on your Core machine?

Regards,
Dylan

1 Like

rebooted both the router and the mac pc running roon core.

Here’s my setup

1. Comcast Cable
  2. Netgear CM500 Cable Modem (never changed firmware)
  3. Ethernet cabling into #4
  4. Cisco/Linksys SE2500 unmanaged ‎switch
  5. Ethernet into #6
  6. 27” iMac 2017 iOS 10.13.4 16GB memory
  7. Roon Core 1.5 hosted on the above iMAC’s internal 2TB Fusion drive (1.83TB available)
  8. Roon backup file located on 6TB G-Tech USB 3 external drive (4.63TB available)
  9. Ethernet into PS Audio Perfectwave DAC gen1 running Bridge II
  10. Tidal Premium account
  11. No firewalls
  12. No virus softwares

this helpful?

Thank you for the setup details, @David_G!

May I also ask that you please confirm the following:

• Are you unable to see any audio devices, or just the PS Audio device? Can you share a screenshot of Settings > Audio please?
  • Have you tried rebooting the PS Audio DAC?
  • Are you able to play to the DAC outside of Roon?

-Dylan

thxs Dylan, I can see other audio devices, namely the imac itself, but the PSA PWD is the only output I am using. Screen shot enclosed.

After rebooting my home router, Core appears to be running without the error notice. But I have mainly just been streaming internet radio. I’ll have to try albums later. And yes, the DAC does play outside of Roon, via the PSA suggested mControl App. Oddly however, if I stream with mcontrol, then try and switch over to Roon, Roon delivers a message that the transport cannot be found. When I reboot the PSA PWD, the issue goes away. It seems as if the mcontrol does not want to ‘release’ the DAC for other software to discover it? Just guessing on that.

Glad to hear you are up and running, @DaveG!

I just wanted to check in and make sure that everything is still going okay here for you.

Oddly however, if I stream with mcontrol, then try and switch over to Roon, Roon delivers a message that the transport cannot be found. When I reboot the PSA PWD, the issue goes away. It seems as if the mcontrol does not want to ‘release’ the DAC for other software to discover it?

Yes, it sounds like the app has exclusive control over the DAC at that time which does not allow Roon to make use of it.

Regards,
Dylan