No Audio Devices Recognized

I started having this problem yesterday.

Each time Roon is started it requires a log-in. It recognizes my Core (SonicTransport) and the NAS storage file. A new Tidal log in is required each time, but is successful. Roon does not recognize any of the audio devices connected to my system or any content( NAS or Tidal).

I have rebooted each device in the chain.

Hi,

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Core is Sonic Transport connected through a Netgear GS108 Switch to a Synology DS214 NAS and a Dell XPS 15 9560 laptop. Dragonfly Red is plugged into the USB port of the laptop. Everything is Ethernet connected.

Hi @Ed_Lyle,

Can I please ask that you access your SonicTransporter logs and upload a set to Dropbox / Google Drive / Send.firefox.com? You can get the logs by navigating to Sonicorbiter.com -> Manage -> Apps -> Roon.

Here you go…
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AmFwyGqEsSOXg4wETthAVlDWnML6IA?e=J8Ugja

Thanks for your help.

Hi @Ed_Lyle,

Sometimes, errors like the one you saw can be spurious, but unfortunately in this case there are signs of low level corruption in your database.

This type of error is extremely rare for us and not one that we see often. Our database infrastructure is designed specifically to prevent this type of corruption, and we don’t take this class of issue lightly.

We’ve traced a few reports like this in the past to hard drive integrity issues but generally speaking, this means that Roon is reading information from your hard drive that is different from what was originally written, and the database is now unable to load properly.

What’s Next?

If you’ve been making regular backups, my advice would be to install Roon fresh on your Core machine, and roll back to one of your backups.

You can reinstall the Roon app on your SonicTransporter by uninstalling Roon and reinstalling it via the SonicTransporter Web Interface. Following the reinstall, I would restore the database from at least a week before this issue started to occur.

If the database loads properly, your edits, playlists, tags, etc should be intact, and we can confirm everything is performing properly once it’s been restored.

If you do not have any backups, unfortunately you will need to start with a fresh database.

Again, this class of issue is extremely rare for us and you have our apologies for the trouble here.

That worked.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Happy to help @Ed_Lyle!
If there are any further issues, just let us know, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.