No audio on ethernet roon ready

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac book pro / OS 10.15.6 Roon build 1,7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet network + switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Cambridge audio roon ready

Description Of Issue

I use roon to test it on my home network 192.168.5.1 and nice I get an audio regonize on usb or internal HP.
When I just come on my holiday house where is the final destination for roon. I connect it on the network 192.168.1.48 with a Cambridge CXN V2 roon ready. When I start Roon it tell me no audio at all black screen and it doesn’t see neither the internal HP of the mac nor the Cambridge.
I can ping the cambridge at 192.168.1.48 with a fixed IP from the Mac.
So I don’t understand why I have no audio peripherical to set.
Thanks
Best regards.
It’s my last trying day :frowning:

Can you double check those ip addresses? Your home network is on 192.168.5.1 but the Cambridge is on 192.168.1.48? Those are different subnets. For Roon to work, all devices need to be on the same subnet.

Yes I know but it’s on different place. My first roon experience was at home (192.168.5.1) and now I I in another house (where cambridge is on 192.168.1.48 and roon on 192.168.1.36)

Hi @Antoine_Pannetier,

Can you please share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab? Do you see any devices listed there?

Have you checked for any firewalls on the new network? It sounds like the new network has an additional firewall or subnet when compared to the previous one.

Nothing in the audio tab, not even the standard output
No firewall and I can ping the cambridge from the Mac where Roon is install.

Turn off the firewall in macos (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall). Then restart Roon and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks, Shame on me, I forget to update the McAfee firewall for this network. I did it at home and forget for this new place.
Thanks all of you for your help.
Have a nice week end
From France

1 Like

Just another question, I see now CXNV2 on Airplay 192.168.1.48 and another one CXNV2 on streaming Chromecast 192.168.1.48 but I don’t see CXNV2 on Ethernet LAN.
I suppose to get the best quality I should select a CXNV2 on LAN and see that possibility

Never mind, I had to reboot Roon to see all connexion

1 Like

Hi @Antoine_Pannetier,

Thanks for letting us know that the firewall was indeed the issue!
Happy to hear you’re up and running now!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.