No audio on some songs

Periodically in the middle of a playlist Roon will appear to be playing a track, but there is no audio. I can usually fix this by stopping playback and retrying by selecting the same track again. Happens frequently enough to be annoying.

By the way, this is a relatively new development. One recent change to my set up is adding HQPlayer. I didn’t notice this immediately after making this change, but with a couple weeks I noticed the issue for the first time.

Hi @Matt_Bailey ---- Thank you for the report. Can you please provide me with the following information:

1. A brief but accurate description of your setup as seen here.

2. In regard to your playlists, are they a mix of local and TIDAL content? If they are…

• If you playback just a playlist comprised of local content do you still have this problem?

• If you play back just a playlist comprised of Tidal content do you still have this problem?

1. I know you mentioned that the addition of HQPlayer to your setup has been the most recent change made since noticing this behavior. While I must be honest that I am a bit skeptical that this could be the cause here, have you tried not using HQPlayer during your troubleshooting? What was the result of the test?

-Eric

Latest version of Roon server running on a Mac mini (2014 2.5 G i5) running OS 10.11.6
Into HQ Player 3
Then to an MSB Analog DAC

I’m noticing on Tidal playback because that’s mainly what I listen to. It just happened twice on album playback and even selecting a specific track. If I stop playback and start it over, the audio returns. I will try further with non-Tidal tracks.

Forgot to mention I’m using an iPad mini as a Roon remote

Hi @Matt_Bailey ----- Thank you for following up with me and taking the time to answer my questions. Both are appreciated.

What was the outcome of your testing with locally stored content?

-Eric