Both boxes are checked on the Advanced tab for exclusive mode. I do use the Tidal desktop app also. I have played with setting it to both exclusive mode or not and it doesn’t seem to affect this recent Roon behavior I am experiencing. When the Tidal app is closed Roon is still unable to find my output devices. I have Music Bee installed also and was using that prior to Roon. As a new data point I installed a new Chord Mojo DAC yesterday with drivers from Chord. It behaves the same as the Peachtree - Roon can’t find it.
Hi @Thomas_Blake ---- Thank you for following up and confirming that information for me.
Before we gather logs, I would just like to confirm with you (apologies if I missed this in your report) that there are no active firewalls on your computer. If by chance there are, may I kindly ask you to please temporarily disable them and see if there is any change in behavior here.
I do have Kaspersky running. After turning both it and the Windows Firewall off there was no change in behavior for Roon. Looks like we need logs. Let me know what I need to do and I will forward. Thanks!
Hi @Thomas_Blake ---- Thank you for the follow up! Letting you know that I have sent you a PM with instructions on how get some logs over to us. Looking forward to your feedback!
I have exactly the same problem.
Hi @Peter_Gyorfi ----- Thank you for the report. May I kindly ask you to please provide us with the details of your setup as seen here and a brief, but accurate description of the issue you are experiencing.
Hi Eric, @support,
I am running Roon 1.2 built 168.
I have Windows 10 64 bit installed.
I have a custom PC with ASUS maximum Impact VIII, with the latest BIOS. I7 6700K, with 16GB RAM.
Music is stored on a Synology NAS.
I am using an iFi-Audio Nano iDSD DAC with firmware 5.2 and driver 2.6
The Issue. When starting Roon it is unable to find any output devices connected to my PC including system output or my Nano iDSD DAC. When going to the Audio tab in settings I initially see my available outputs with the Enable button available for each. When selecting that an interminable Wait dialog appears and the output options disappear. It is also occurs that nothing is displayed under “Connected to this PC” section on Audio tab in settings. Clicking “Refresh” also leads to an interminable wait while displaying a “Refreshing” message with nothing ever appearing. This issue is isolated to Roon.
Ah-Ha it’s not isolated to me. Definitely seems like the last Roon update broke something (for some of us) in Audio Output mapping.
I mean I have problem only with Roon. Foobar, Tidal, etc work fine.
If I am once able to setup audio output, using black magic, it works fine until next day I restart the computer.
Then it is all gone. Last two days I wasn’t even able to trick it to see my DAC.
Same here - all other audio players work fine with my Peachtree DAC. Only Roon is affected.
Hi @Peter_Gyorfi ---- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. I would like to grab some logs from you and will be contacting you via PM momentarily with instructions.
Hi Eric - any progress on this issue? I have not been using Roon since the problem arose so not getting use of my subscription Primarily just using the Tidal app for playing music via my PC until this can get resolved. Thanks for your help!
Can you describe your setup as seen here.
I’ll flag @eric to look into your situation.
I’ve already been through that with Eric and sent logs. It has been in the developers queue for a bit now and was just wondering if there was any update. Thanks.
Is there any development in this? Roon is useless this way. Fortunately I am still in my trial period.
1.3 hasn’t solved anything. Sitation is the same. Roon cannot find any playback devices. Now it is just keeps scanning without end.
How about you?
Are there any settings in your routers disabling multicast or UDP ?
No change for me either in 1.3. The fix described above to rename the RAATServer folder does work but it is a 1 time only fix. The next time Roon is launched it can’t find any audio outputs. Note that the Sonos functionality added in 1.3 does seem to be working along with AirPlay devices. Roon can find those no problem. The issue is specific to devices physically connected to the PC.
It would be really nice to use all of these cool new 1.3 features I am paying for! Roon is pretty much unusable to me in this state. The new Sonos support could help as a workaround.
So with great support from Eric and Mike at Roon, we were able to trace this issue to the Realtek HD Audio drivers that ASUS provides to support my Maximus VIII Formula motherboard. I don’t know if Roon has a fix yet if you need the Reaktek drivers. I do not so disabled the onboard HD Audio in the BIOS and uninstalled the drivers from my Windows 10 machine. Roon now behaves fine with all my DACS connected directly to the PC via USB. These include drivers from Peachtree, Schiit Audio, and Chord and have been proven to work fine with Roon. I consider this issue now closed but if you are experiencing this problem and need the Realtek HD Audio drivers contact Roon Technical Support. Nice to have Roon working again!
A post was split to a new topic: ASUS ROG - RealTek HD Audio