No audio. Sound bar keeps going

The same issue is happening with my setup too. The audio diappears, instead the progress bar keep going… I noticed that it happens when Roon switch from local file to Tidal.

Hello @Flavio_Fernandes,

Thanks for letting us know that you’re experiencing this issue. We’re sorry :pleading_face:

I was hoping you could please share with us more details, as explained in this guide, so we can have a better idea of what’s going on and make suggestions to resolve it.

Thanks in advance :nerd_face:

Hello there, Rebeka!

Let me give you the information.

The issue is related with playlists created with Tidal songs and Local Files. When the next tune is from Tidal, the audio output stops, but the progress bar keeps its way. And the funny thing is if I wait to the end of that song, another one is “played”, with no sound either. But if the next song is a local file it will play!

My Library is full of FLAC files, some ripped from CDs at 44Hz other bought from HDTracks at higher resolutions. My FLAC files resides in an external SSD connected to my M1 Mac Mini (the base model, 8Gb RAM and 256Gb SSD) which is running Roon 1.8 (build 795).

I don’t use remotes.

The audio is output via an USB connected Fiio M3K working as an USB DAC, used as an exclusive device by Roon.
The Fiio feeds my Edifier 1700BT loudspeakers or my B&W P5 headphones.

My network is based on a high quality fiber optic ISP. It reaches my home via their modem which is connected to my router as a bridged connection. My router is a TPLINK C5400. My MacMini is connected with an ethernet cable to it.

What I’m missing?

Thanks for the thorough description, @Flavio_Fernandes.

I had one last question: when the audio stops playing and the bar continues (with tracks from TIDAL), do you see any error on the screen?

No, nothing happens. Literally.

Hey @Flavio_Fernandes,

I’m so sorry I missed on your reply until today… :see_no_evil:

I was wondering, is this issue still happening? We’d love to help, even if this late…