No audio when attempting to switch tracks using roon application

@support … I have an Innuos Zen Mini as my Roon core which is directly connected via a high quality USB cable to a DAC (Quad Vena Amplifier). Every time i attempt to switch tracks I lose audio.

Please advise.
Thank you,
A Rao

Hi @Dr_Arjun_Rao,

Does this occur with all content (TIDAL and local content of all file types and quality)?

Does this behavior occur if you play to a different endpoint?

Dylan

In response to yuor q’s:-

Q1 not sure I am trialling this atm cf. 16 bit to 257 kbps AAC and 129 kbps AAC.

Q2 No I can play through Oppo, Apple TV and iOS devices

Regards

Arjun

Thanks for the info, @Dr_Arjun_Rao,

Since this behavior appears to be specific to the one endpoint, let’s focus our troubleshooting on this device and it’s connection to Roon.

First, can you share a screenshot of the signal path when playing content to this device?

Have you tried using a different USB cable? Is there any change when doing so?

Do things work as expected when Roon naturally goes to the next track? Is it only when skipping to the next track? Does pausing and playing again fix things?

dylan screenshot attached

yes i have used a different usb cable and also usb 3.0 slot instead of 2.0 but no discernible difference

it plays normally when working with no skipping and the all of a sudden the volume cuts out.

Hi @Dr_Arjun_Rao,

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

So i got it going again for an hour or so this morning and then around 11 am (WST- Perth WA) I completely lost audio.

I deliberately only played music that was 16 bit to ensure there were no issues with the DAC in the Quad Vena.

Hi @Dr_Arjun_Rao,

Now that I have the timestamps, diagnostics have been enabled on your account. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

Hi @Dr_Arjun_Rao,

I spoke with the team about this and, after looking around, it doesn’t appear that this device has Linux support. This was also discussed in this thread.

We can’t make any guarantees, but we are going to reach out to Quad about this and see if anything can be done. If you’d like, if may be worthwhile to reach out to Quad about the possibility of Linux support as well.