No Black friday offer for existing customers?

I get several emails a day offering 20 million of a dead diamond miners will in return for a fiver. I contacted my lawyer but he just laughed.

Nah, I wouldn’t be bothered. Life’s too short for that and I’d be happy with a Mazda.

I just don’t see the point of stressing myself out due to poor wording of said email and 1 bloody dollar.

We’re talking about an app here after all. An app, 3 months and 1 dollar.

2 Likes

Yup, with that reply you put Roon’s Black Friday deal offer on the same level with a scheme of 419 fraud. Don’t think you do Roon a favor with that…

No, we’re talking about buisness!

If a company makes a binding offer it has to fulfill it. In the whole buisness world! If you don’t pay your subscription then it’s not about an app…

I find it extremely hard to believe that Roon did this intentionally to try and “fraud” anyone.
Poor choice of wording, timing and format?
Absolutely!

However jumping up and down screaming fraud is not helping the matter at all, quite the opposite in fact.

Would be nice if official Roon chimed in for their take.

4 Likes

Hi Thorsten, I think you made your point quite clear and for what we have been able to see on this thread it seems to me that something isn’t quite right. I give Roon the benefit of the doubt as to their intention with this offer and their emails to past customers, be it trial users or users who once were subscribers. As you, I too feel that it would be terrible business practice trying to entice past customers with a special deal, only to confront them with terms&conditions later on in the subscription process which negate said deal. I feel that moderators and all who care for Roon should move and get from Roon staff some official statement about this situation, instead of responding here on the thread with smoke screens and answers which do nothing to make the situation any clearer.

Let’s just hope that @support or @danny can do something to get that resolved.

2 Likes

I genuinely never understood people who jump at the smallest chance to kick up a fuss for something as insignificant as this.

This is like that time when some of us got a pop-up in Roon advertising the Nucleus and a few just went absolutely nuclear over one bloody pop-up.

Just sit back, relax, enjoy the music and the weekend.

7 Likes

Hi all, happy Black Friday! :upside_down_face:

This is who’s eligible for our Black Friday promotion:

1. New customers
  2. Former customers who haven’t tried Roon in a long time (which for simplicity’s sake we also consider “new”)

However, we got a few wires crossed and made an unfortunate mistake in our email segmentation. This means that a small group of recent customers like @Thorsten_Melsbach got an email to “try Roon again”, but they’re not eligible and get an error when they click through to claim the offer.

If you got today’s email to try Roon again for $1 and are unable to claim the offer, just reply to that email and our team will be more than happy to set you up with the promotion.

Thanks and happy listening!

27 Likes

That’s an excellent Roon response Kevin.

I don’t know how anyone can complain now.

Way to go team Roon!

5 Likes

I was hoping for a “thank you @kevin for dealing with this so quickly”.

3 Likes

You mean from the parties that were making all the noise…

Yes would have been gracious on their part…

2 Likes

Exactly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Read the Audirvana community before parting with money, it’s a pale attempt at emulating Roon, the uPNP is dodgy, my Cambridge Audio CXN doesn’t work with it !!

2 Likes

Dear Kevin, thank you for your comprehension. I’d still like to take the opportunity to follow on the idea of offering a promotion - Black Friday, flash or for the Fête de la Musique - for us old time subscribers, back to the 499$ lifetime subscription. :blush::innocent::grin:
My first year as a Roon subscriber was actually the last one you could get the lifetime subscription for 499$… And I didn’t get it :sob:

2 Likes

Got a message months ago that they were working on “something special” for the lifetime subscribers… still waiting for that…

What a great response from Roon.

Also want to say what a really poor response from previous posters talking about fraud and getting so wound up over a $1 offer….I really wonder about the human race sometimes

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.