No Chromecast displays listed

Windows 10 PC running Roon 1.7.571

Roon Core and and Endpoint connected via ethernet on Netgear switch. Chromecast device attached to same subnet via WiFi.

Simaudio 780D DAC streaming via ethernet from Qobuz and UPnP NAS server using Roon endpoint software on MiND v2 module.

No Chromecast devices listed as displays in volume pop-up as indicated in web manual.

Have you first enabled the Chromecast devices in Settings/Displays?

1 Like

Hi @Timothy_Macklin,

Welcome to the forum!

Do you see your Chromecast devices appear at all under Roon Settings -> Displays?
What is the model of the Chromecast gear you’re using?
Have you checked your Windows Firewall to make sure that Roon is an exception?

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Wow…That was simple. It may need to be added to the online documentation. Either I missed it (entirely possible) or it’s not in the place it needs to be when someone is referring to the docs.

Thanks for your assistance!

1 Like

No, you didn’t miss it - it’s not spelled out in the docs, and I think it should be. I’ll see about getting it added.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing out that it is not part of the docs @Timothy_Macklin, I’ll file a ticket with the documentation team to add this info.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.