No connction to internal storage from computer

Hi Claus,
that is really bad, maybe the guest setting was resettet and you can check that again.

A guess, maybe there is a problem with your local network and a router restart (off/on) will help (owners of an avm fritz!box will know that well). You can also check Netbios & Netbios service and SMB settings. I am not sure if SMB1 is needed for Rock, i have it installed.

I suggest to download a Linux Live CD/DVD to access the internal storage and set up you music and get the Rock running.

Okay, not elegant but functional and at the moment i have no further idea.

Yes. What now?

Hi @Claus_Hugger

Can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing on the Nucleus Web Administration Interface?

It looks like that:

Hi @Claus_Hugger,

Do you get the same errors if you type the following into File Explorer?

\\192.168.254.163

Hi Dylan
I tried once on the laptop: NUCLEUS was not visible but typing the IP in file explorer did the trick, I could now access internal storage (IS).
It was more complicated with my desktop: The first time NUCLEUS was visible and I had access to IS. Second time NUCLEUS was not visible but I could access IS from quick start where I have pinned IS. The third time NUCLEUS was visible but I could not access IS anyhow, (I didn’t try to type the IP) but disconnecting/reconnecting wifi made me access IS. The fourth time wifi didn’t connect at all, something about standardgateway, but letting Windows fix it made made NUCLEUS visible and IS accessable.
In some way or another I can access IS when I need to, it looks like, but it would of course be nice if it just worked instantly every time.
I suspect my USB wifi dongle from Netgear to maybe cause the problems. Maybe it would be a good idea to try to reinstall or update the driver?

Hi @Claus_Hugger,

It definitely sounds like there may be a connection issue on the desktop that seems to be causing the ability to connect to vary. One way to confirm this would be to try accessing the Nucleus from the laptop while the desktop is in a state where it can’t access it at all.

Yes, if you’re using a USB WiFi dongle, making sure it’s fully up to date or reinstalling could definitely yield some improvement here.

This might help: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9e7a4ce3-4690-4dbb-b2db-e17d7f29f9ad/windows-10-1903-cannot-connect-to-smb-share

|Registry Hive|HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE|
|Registry Path|Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\LanmanWorkstation|
|Value Name|AllowInsecureGuestAuth|
|Value Type|REG_DWORD|
|Enabled Value|1|

Fixed my smb connection to Nucleus+

Thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.