No Connected Audio Devices after a restore from backup

Okay, thank you the the info. My Roon has been down for a number of weeks now. I’m fine with waiting another week or two as long as this issue can be resolved.

Hi @Larry,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Unfortunately, there appears to be database corruption within your current Roon database.

To put it simply, database corruption means that the records Roon is reading from your database are different from what was originally written.

This isn’t common and can happen for a number of reasons, like failing harddrives or an unstable power source (frequent outages, hard power cuts, etc).

If you restore from a backup and still see “There was an issue loading your database”, try restoring from your oldest backup.

If you’re not having any luck with your oldest backup, then the only alternative is to start with a fresh database.

If you can, take note of when you noticed this issue starting, and reload from a saved backup prior to that date.

Hi @benjamin, Thank you for getting back to me. For future reference, is there a particular error msg in the log that points to the corruption problem?

I think the most expedient thing for me to do at this point is to rebuild the DB from scratch. I’ll give that a shot and will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again, for your help.

1 Like

Hey @Larry,

You can typically do a search all for ‘corruption’ and you’ll be able to see the errors.

I’ll be on standby in the meantime. :+1:

Hey @benjamin, rebuilding the database solved my “No audio device found” issue. Thank you and thanks to everyone else on this thread who provided assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.