No connection ARC to Core

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:“yyyy”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.158.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

natpmp must be enabled in router configuration…check other similar posts for more answers.

I’m getting this error:

{“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 84.123.162.183:55000, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“84.xxx.162.183”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

I have manually Port forward, by entering the static IP of the core and using port 55000 for both the private and public LAN/WAN which is the same as the Core IP.

I don’t understand this error message and therefore don’t know how to correct the problem

The ROCK is connected directly to the router with Ethernet cable.

I have put xxx in the external address for safety as this is a public forum.

In router it should be enabled UPNP and NAT…check help https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/arc-port-forwarding#Overview

Orbi RBR850 router only has Upnp no Natpnp

1 Like

I suspect the problem is that ARC is not finding the correct external IP address. In my case, the error message contains an IP address that is a hub location of my ISP. The address is registered to my ISP. My Pop is downstream from that address.

Check the IP address in the error message. Is it registered to your ISP? Bet it is.

ARC may not be getting past intermediate links in the path to your external IP address.

Not sure how to fix this. I have the same problem

1 Like

After hours and hours of trying all the suggestions and help, I give up! Pity it doesn’t work. The promises of Roon 2.0 looked good, but this really is a big bummer!

Perhaps a dumb question but did you try to restart your Core after setting the Port Forwarding?

@M_Beer Well, let’s step back a bit. You clearly have a multiple NAT situation, since the error message says so. Then the next step is to find the culprit. You haven’t described the setup of your home network - do you have more than one router, or a router and a mesh network in it?

We need to establish whether you have a “Case A” or a “Case B” described in this article (see the section on Multiple NATs). Let us know and that may help to establish the next steps…

Hi @M_Beer ,
I see in the error message above part. This means you have a router/modem of your ISP and behind it another router? Can you give some more information in the form below for support and forum members to help you?

1. Who is your internet service provider?
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
  5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?
  • Who is your internet service provider?
    Ziggo (Netherlands)
  • Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Router is from the ISP (Ziggo): ConnectBox
  • Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    Yes, between my ISP router and my Core I have a Mesh system (Amplifi)
  • Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No
  • What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?
    I use a Grimm MU1 streamer with Roon Core built in. It is hardwire connected to my Mesh Router.

Thanks for your help. Hope you have a solution…

This is the status now:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:“192.168.178.10”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.158.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

The error message indicates that you have a multiple NAT situation. Is your Mesh system in bridge mode (that is, it uses the same IP address range that your router sets up), or has it set up a different IP Address range (thereby creating a double NAT situation)?

I see an address range of 192.168.178.xx and one of 192.168.158.xx

Not such a dumb question.

After I restarted the Core the next day (accidentally) everything works perfectly!

No, my Mesh system is NOT in bridge mode (I checked again).

How can I change the address range you mention?

Well, that’s the cause of your double NAT situation, then. Is there no way of putting it into bridge mode so that it uses the address range assigned by the router?

Edit: I see this in the Amplifi manual…

Does AmpliFi support bridge mode?
Yes, AmpliFi supports bridge mode. Bridge mode is a
useful feature that can help you grow your network and/or
separate networks. Bridge mode allows you to use multiple
Routers on the same network by placing one of the
Routers in bridge mode and connecting it to a port on the
other Router.
Here are a few of the most common uses for bridge mode:
• Connect two Routers/AmpliFi to share network resources.
• Use AmpliFi as an additional access point on an existing
network.
• Use AmpliFi with a fiber service.
To set up bridge mode, perform these steps:

1. Open the AmpliFi app.
  2. Tap the picture of the Router.
  3. Tap Internet.
  4. Tap Bridge Mode to enable it.
  5. Confirm the use of bridge mode.
    The Router will restart and apply the updated settings.
    The Router is now in bridge mode
2 Likes

Thanks for your quick answer Geoff!

I tried to put my AmpliFi in bridge mode last week, but then the whole app froze…

I will try it again, and will come back to you with the result.

YES!!!

That did the trick. I works now.

Thanks so much Geoff!
:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.