No connection Roon ARC

Roon Server Machine

Nucleus Version 1.0 build 259

Networking Gear & Setup Details

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    Telenet

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Telenet modem/router (wifi disabled) CH7465LG-TN

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    Linksys Velop Wifi system
    Tp Link 18 slot switch

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    don’t think so

Connected Audio Devices

T&A DA convertor
2 sonos play 1
sonos connect
sonos amp

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

I see a reference in the error text to ‘MultipleNatFound’. This is the likely cause of the issue and is usually caused by one of two scenarios:

1. You have two routers in your home network with the WAN side of one connected to the LAN side of the other. I suspect that this is the issue with your setup because the Linksys Velop Wifi system may be configured to provide routing which, if the Telenet router also does NAT (usual configuration) will result in a double NAT situation.

2. Your ISP uses carrier grade NAT (CGNAT) to provide you with an IPv4 address which combined with the Native Address Translation performed by your Telenet router gives rise to a double NAT situation.

If the issue relates to scenario 1 above, then there are three or possibly four solutions depending upon the reasons for having two routers.

• (Preferred) Put (all of) the Linksys Wifi system device(s) into access point mode (making sure to change the network connection between the Telenet Router and the linksys Velop device (to go from a LAN port to a LAN port) if necessary (some routers have WAN ports that can also be used as LAN ports when in access point mode). I don’t know the details of the Linksys devices.

• Remove one of the routers (Probably the Linksys Velop Wifi system) from your network and connect all of your networked devices to the remaining router (with the WAN side correctly connected to your ISP network link).

• If supported, put the first router (the Telenet one) into Modem Only or Bridge mode and connect all of your other network devices to the LinksysWifi

• It may also be possible to get the system working with some advanced router configuration - but I don’t know the details. Searching elsewhere on this forum for MultipleNat may yeild a solution.

If the issue relates to scenario 2 above, then you will have to talk to you ISP (Telenet).

2 Likes

Hi @Jan_Bollen,

Please see @Wade_Oram’s informative response above. You’ll need to remove or bypass the second Network Address Translation layer by taking the steps listed there.

This topic was automatically closed after 4 days. New replies are no longer allowed.