No connection to Qobuz - Unexpected Error when logging in [Update To Roon Build 1105]

Clear the cache on the Roon Core can resolve some issues.

pressing the “Restart Roon Server” button will just reboot the Core not the sonicTransporter itself.

Ah, the WINtel influence. Can’t remember the last time I hit the power button to turn a machine off.

Thanks Andrew.

As a solution for not being able to log in to Qobuz, I chose the wrong Cache for cleaning, the Roon Cache on my PC instead of the Roon Cache on my server. However, I was able to log in afterwards. So now I don’t know why I was able to log in to Qobuz again. Perhaps the server reboot was ultimately the solution.

It does now contain 1,5Gb. Should I empty it every month or year or…?

You should never need to clear it normally. In this occasion it was suggested as a troubleshooting step.

1 Like

Roon only recommends clearing it if you have issues. otherwise leave it alone.

1 Like

Rebooting my Nucleus by turning the power button on the back of the Nucleus OFF and ON did not resolve the Qobuz error message. I was able to sign out and sign back in on the Qobuz App on my iPad but roon no longer lets me sign in to Qobuz. Says “unexpected error” message. Issue is at roons end not Qobuz. Needs fixing.

However, rebooting using the reboot function in the Power Button displayed in the Web Administration page worked.

I’ve been running my core on a headless Win10/11 pc for 3 years. For any maintenance or other adjustments i use VNC for remote desktop access which also allows access to safe shutdown/reboot.

1 Like

Same issues here. It was fixed for a few weeks and has now come back. Annoying…

1 Like

Probably the double reboot did the trick :relaxed:

Same problem with my set up.
Constantly lose Qobuz through Roon…and my core is the Nucleus.
Sometimes rebooting the nucleus works (with Qobuz sign in) but other times no.

The issue is not Qobuz

Just adding a data point… I’ve been having the same issue. My Qobuz session in Roon drops and subsequent login attempts fail with “There was an Unexpected error, please check your account details. (UnexpectedError)”. This has happened more than once. Using my account with Qobuz direct (not from within Roon) is working fine.

Ran into this the first time today. Same behavior and resolution as everybody else here. What a bummer. If this keeps up it might be enough to keep me from renewing my ROON subscription , sadly. Just stream Qobuz directly through my BDP :confused:

Roon System

• ROCK running on a NUC I5 - Version 1.8 (build 1021) stable
  • Windows 10 Familly - Roon updated to the last version - Wired connection
    or
  • Windows 10 Enterprise Intel(R) Core™ i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz 2.11 GHz - Wifi connection

Connected Audio Devices

Naim Nova - Wired connection
Chromecast - Wifi connection

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Network - Synology RT2600AC up to date

Number of Tracks in Library

82691 tracks

Description of Issue

Every day, when I start Roon, I have a red windows with the signal Qobuz login failed.
It’s annoying but clicking on Retry usually solved the issue.

Already few times now that clicking on retry doesn’t solve the issue and Qobuz page keeps displaying “You aren’t currently signed into Qobuz”

I also noticed that the connection with Roon server is paused.

My Qobuz suscription is OK (see printscreen)

Best regards

Alexandre

There’s an issue between Qobuz and roon that both are investigating. In the meantime just reboot your roon server.

I am unable to login to Qobuz now. Subscription with Qobuz is active and I can stream directly through Qobuz. I rebooted Roon but still unable to access Qobuz.

1 Like

Try rebooting once more (I’ve seen instances where it has taken a couple of reboots to work). If no joy, then try clearing the cache on the Roon Core:

This morning I also got the Qobuz login failed. Initially I didn’t want to mess with it so just played local content for a while. I think I did click Retry at that time without any luck.

About an hour ago, I went to Settings > Services > Qobuz. I’m not certain what I clicked, but my username and password ended up being cleared out. I rebooted at that point, waited a few minutes, and then signed back into Qobuz. Up and running again.

Perhaps the issue mentioned previously is resolved between Qobuz and Roon, or maybe clearing Qobuz login credentials, rebooting, and then signing back is the key.

Unfortunately, rebooting only provides a temporary fix, at least for some of us. :frowning: