No connection to Qobuz - Unexpected Error when logging in [Update To Roon Build 1105]

Roon doesn’t works !!!

1 Like

I am having the same problem. All of a sudden Qobuz will not open, and Roon says there was an unexpected error when I try to log in to Qobuz. No problem accessing Qobuz directly. Any advice?

I’m waiting for Qobuz’s answer to the question I asked two minutes ago.

1 Like

Qobuz’s answer:

We have encountered some one-off problems that match your description, but we do not know if it is a problem with Roon or an external infrastructure that makes Roon find itself in this state.

As a workaround, we found that restarting Roon solves the problem for most users. If you encounter this problem, a restart should delete the problem. If this is not the case, we invite you to contact our support team.

Thanks for posting Qobuz’s response. Unfortunately, it’s merely a temporary work around, not a fix.

It looks like we’ll be stuck doing the “reboot hokey pokey” until Qobuz or Roon admits to the problem and fixes it. :roll_eyes:

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the reports regarding this issue, we are aware of and investigating this behavior internally on our end.

While the exact cause is not yet clear, we have had reports that a reboot of the Roon Core should help temporarily resolve this issue until our investigation is completed.

If a reboot does not resolve the issue on your end, please do let us know. Thank you in advance for your patience while we investigate this issue and try to pinpoint the root cause.

2 Likes

I have encountered the same problem. How do I reboot the Roon Core?

Thank you for the acknowledgment. :+1:

1 Like

close your Roon core software, power down the Core device, power up, restart Roon, hopefully that will offer a temporary fix.

If your Roon Core runs on a Nucleus or an Intel NUC w/ROCK, the go to the web GUI and reboot from there.

If your Core is on a WIN10/11 machine or a Mac, then shut it down like any other program.

1 Like

I am in the same, with the same notice than yours

Some thoughts on rebooting the Roon Core.
I don’t think you can reboot the Roon Core it self. What you can do is reboot the device with the Roon Core installed. On my Windows PC, the (not in use) Core is not displayed as a program, like Roon or Qobuz, and you can therefore not close and restart. You can only restart the PC. Whether that solves the Qobuz/Roon problem in this case I don’t know, but probably not. That will also be the case for the Mac. Anyone who has experience with it can share. My Core is on Small Green Computer server, a kind of NUC, and I can’t reboot the Roon Core there either. I can reboot the server.
For NUC or Nucleus see:

Some questions about deleting/cleaning the Roon/Cache (to solve the Roon/Qobuz problem).
When the problem started popping up for me earlier this week, I was advised to delete the Roon>Cache on my PC. That helped. Now there is also a page on my server with Roon Server where I can clear the Cache of the Roon Server.

What would have happened if I had done that?
Is it the same Cache as on my PC? Does it have to do with the fact that Qobuz installed its software on my PC and so I had to delete the Cache on my PC?
Is the Roon/Qobuz problem a Cache problem?

Does the Roon Server Cache in my server need maintenance?

1 Like

Aha, one can’t reboot a headless Roon Core? It’s been awhile since I ran a headless Core, as in maybe never.

Not being able to shutdown a headless Core, other than rebooting the machine, seems to be an oversight on Roon’s part considering that abrupt power outages has always been one of the excuses Roon gives for a corrupted database.

@Bert_Dijkstra - the terminology is confusing at times, I agree.

The shorthand that is often used is “reboot your server”, but this means different things for different setups. It is better expressed as:

• If you have your Roon Core running on a Nucleus, or on a ROCK/NUC, then you can reboot the Nucleus or NUC using the reboot function in the Power Button displayed in the Web Administration page.
  • If you have your Roon Core running on a PC or a Mac, then “rebooting your server” simply means stopping and then restarting the all-in-one Roon application itself. Rebooting the whole PC or Mac is not required.
  • For a sonicTransporter, “reboot your server” means reboot (= restart) your Roon Server - so click the “Restart Roon Server” button in the sonicTransporter’s web interface.

As for the advice to “clear the cache” - it is intended to mean clear the cache of the Core - so you clear the cache on the machine where your Core is.

In your case, that would be the sonicTransporter - and there’s a button in the web interface to do this. AFAIK, this will clear the cache only. I don’t think it will reset the database, but I can’t find a manual for the sonicTransporter to spell out explicitly what this function does. @agillis will be able to say more.

You don’t need to clear the cache of the Roon installation on your PC, since that is not where your Core is.

2 Likes

What does one do if Roon Server is running on a headless PC or Mac?

How would you normally power them off safely? However you do that.

Yeah, that’s my point.

AFAIK, there’s no way to safely power off a headless PC or Mac running Server, or anything else.

Simply turning off the machine, which is the only way, runs the risk of corrupting the database due to not shutting down the Server first.

If one hits the power button on a machine running Windows or macOS, does the OS get a chance to shut down running software gracefully? Wouldn’t think so.

Yes, of course it does - a Windows PC shuts down gracefully (or goes to sleep, depending on what you’ve set it to do in the Power settings) - and I expect a Mac will do the same.

Now, if you hold the power button in for 5 seconds, then you get a forced shutdown, which bypasses anything the OS might want to do. Don’t do that.

1 Like

Clear the cache on the Roon Core can resolve some issues.

pressing the “Restart Roon Server” button will just reboot the Core not the sonicTransporter itself.

Ah, the WINtel influence. Can’t remember the last time I hit the power button to turn a machine off.