No cover artwork on Desktop

Roon was first installed on a Windows 10 PC. Now a NUC with ROCK was set up and the core moved. Only Roon-remote runs on the desktop. I get the cover displayed on all devices - but not on the desktop.

In the log files you can read (for example)

11/22 18:48:41 Error: Error loading image (immediate): The connection to the remote server cannot be established. (http://192.168.178.22:9100/image/lekbaaaa.256.jpg?brokerid=7cd58dd53192401f905144ab7508ce42)

How can I change the path information?

Hi,

On the Windows PC, can you try going to Roon’s Setting page and clearing the image cache.

… I have already done this several times. To me it looks like roon has not been completely deleted from the PC. And somehow there are now wrong path entries. There is no “Image” directory in the Roon Core, is there?

I’ll tag Roon @support team to follow up with you.

… thank you!

Hi @Wolfgang_Saul ,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

If that doesn’t help, you can also try to perform a reinstall of Roon on the Windows 10 PC using the below instructions:

• Create a Backup of your current database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location on the Windows Remote
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder
1 Like

Hi Noris, that’s sounds good. I will try it and come back here if it works. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi! Reinstalling Windows and Roon solved the problem. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Glad to hear that the reinstall resolved the issue @Wolfgang_Saul !
Hope you have a continued enjoyable Roon expeirence! :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.