No Displays in Settings available

Hi @BlackJack,

no, I have indeed a WIFI printer, but not connected to my NAS to share. As it is already a WIFI printer, it works without being connected to my NAS. But thanks for the hint.

Hi @dylan,

I will try this in the next days and come back to you with the result. However, even if this works, I would need a solution using my NAS as my Roon Core, as this is the setup I have planned for Roon (not having my Mac Mini always on when listening to Musicā€¦) Nevertheless, I will give it a try.

HI @dylan,

I have tested this today and changed the core to my Mac mini. And, surprise surprise, in this case, I could set-up the mac mini as my Roon display in Safari. So with this setting it worked, the Mac mini Safari showed up in the Roon settings as available display and the display icon was visible when playing a file. so ar so good.
Unfortunately, when I changed back the core to my Synology NAS, same behaviour as before. No Display available and a black screen, when opening the display URL from the settings. :frowning_face:

I also checked in the Synology Settings to make sure that OpenV is not active, so this could not be the reason for this strange behaviour.

Any further idea what I can check or change? Thanks.

Hello @Christian_Volkmann, and thanks for the update! Iā€™ll pass this information along to our QA team and gather next steps.

Hello @nuwriy,

any updates on next steps? Thanks.

Hello @Christian_Volkmann,

Please accept our apologies for the delay here! I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our review queue. A member of our QA team should be reviewing this soon and providing feedback.

Iā€™ve requested an update from the team and upped the priority in our tracker so I should be able to get back to you soon with an update. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hello @nuwriy,

your last response was 8 days now ago. Any update please?
Thank you,
Christian

Any update for me please?

Hi @Christian_Volkmann

Apologies for the delay! Our teamā€™s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but weā€™re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can. Nuwriy is no longer a part of the support team, but Iā€™ll be happy to help from here.

Based on the troubleshooting thatā€™s occurred so far, we know that, on this network, things generally work okay with Displays since the Mac Mini was able to work as expected. This confirms that the problem youā€™re experiencing is limited to the Synology, but unfortunately we donā€™t have any insight into what about the Synology is blocking the connection. In the past weā€™ve seen Open vSwitch cause similar issues, but there can definitely be other settings or applications that could cause this behavior too ā€” Firewalls, antivirus, VPNs; anything that might have the ability to affect network communications could be at play here.

The other thing Iā€™ll note is that youā€™ll want to make sure that the Display and the Core are on the same subnet. If the Display is on a different IP range then the communication wonā€™t work, so thatā€™s something to check as well.

Hi @dylan
I have the same problem with Roon Core running on Ubuntu Server.
(And display works if I run Roon Core on my Mac).

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Display issue when using Roon on Docker on Synology

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.