No DSD option in DSP upsample section

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
WINDOWS 10
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WIRELESS NETWORK

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
PRO JECT STREAM BOX S2 ULTRA AS BRIDGE CONNECTED VIA USB TO CHORD QUTEST DAC

Description Of Issue
When I was using Stream Box with other Pro Ject dac in the DSP section gave me option to convert in dsd, now only pcm . But both S2 and Qutest have dsd capabilty, but the option to convert (upsample) in dsd simply does not appear. Any help? Thank you

Does the qutest support DSD under Linux? The stream box is Linux based os so it needs to support it in the kernel.

Thanks for reply.

Here is a link where Rob Watts himslef talks about Linux and Qutest:

I don’t understand if it is compatible or not…

From the link …

I was told by Chord (I did not do the USB drivers) that Linux requires different drivers for different servers to do native DSD. DoP is driverless.

In other words, each Linux ‘flavour’ may require a driver to do native DSP. What happens when you use DoP (DSD over PCM)? If that works, use this as the DSD data stream is unchanged.

The problem is that doesn’t come out any option at all about DSD. I would use it in DoP but simply only alternatives I am given are for PCM upsampling. If I connect directly the pc (core) to Qutest, then I am able to see DSD options again, and to pay DSD files…

I have also set Stream Box to play DSD only in DOP but still nothing appears in upsampling options, no DSD at all…

That’s because Roon is not getting the correct info from the OS of the Stream box. It might be wise to reach out the Project as well on this. On Linux if the drivers are not included in the Linux kernel then it will default to standard drivers for usb audio that won’t necessarily support DSD.

Somehow I managed now to make appear dsd option in upsampling, after resetting everything

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.