No DSD output from Mac

No volume control seen on Gustard

One of my endpoints uses also with the Matrix Audio SPDIF2 and the Matrix Audio Element 2i I2S.
The problem with I2S is, that it’s not a standard and it seems, that your interface doesn’t support multiple settings. Also it can be, that you must use an external power supply.
Also: I2S doesn’t support MQA (and you have a Tidal running).
Comparing on my system I2S with direct USB input or RAAT, I can’t hear any differences and so if can also for you make sense, not to include the USB-I2S-bridge.
When using DSD, software volume control isn’t working and it seems, that the Gustard isn’t supported in using hardware volume control in Roon.

sorry…here it is

Lieber Burkhardt

The Douk does have an external 5v power supply.

I removed the bridge and Roon now finds the Gustard and it is found in the Mac’s audio devices

You re correct about the volume control not working

Any further ideas

Vielen Dank

Todd

Get a DSD roon capable DAC to connect from your Mac to your powered speakers and roon will recognize it; then you should be able to play DSD files.

Marc

Thanks…any suggestions?

Todd

Actually, this is the link…

There are a few caveats for DSD playback, which you need to understand, but you still haven’t demonstrated that the U2 is recognized as a Roon endpoint.

The OP has a capable DSD DAC.

I bought the Cambridge Audio DACMagic200M. It’s simple, not very expensive, but works great! No hassles like some others. Plays DSD and MQA! Easy setup and Roon ready.

Hi @Todd_Lefkowitz ,

Are you still seeing this issue at the present time? We were discussing a related case and noticed your report here, and one suggestion that may help is if you disable DSP volume on your Gustard zone. After you disable DSP volume, hopefully, volume control will work again. Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.