No good New music. Prove me wrong!

Great new music (recorded 1911-1914, but new to me :wink: )

And a bit newer:

2 Likes

With the wonderful BJ Baartmans on guitar

2 Likes

I didn’t get too far into Laurie Anderson. Interesting, and I sort of get it. But…

Beth Hart was fantastic! Powerful.

R

2 Likes

“Good” is difficult.
I would use the word “interesting”.
Two reasons: if it’s not interesting, if it’s not distinct from what’s done before, it’s a waste of bits.
And if it’s not interesting, I’m not going to waste my remaining time listening to it (I’m 70, may have only 30 years left, or 30 days, depending on what happens).

2 Likes

Listening to the Arvo Pärt now. :+1:

I’m not having any luck finding the other one on Qobuz.

1 Like

This is a great thread!
I’ve given up on the “what are we listening to…” thread, too long.
But this is just what I needed.
Added and tagged a lot of them…

5 Likes

4 Likes

There must be at least some Chaliapin I guess? If not, try some Caruso, or Gigli (though both are tenors, not basses). Another great Russian bass is Boris Christoff:

Sorry, probably a bit off-topic or contrary to the purpose of this thread. I’ll stop and behave now :wink:

Listening to The Necks now. Interesting stuff.

Rance, I tried Sadler Vaden. I thought it was good, but how do I say it…local? Or something like that. His stories were just too specific or something (for me). I don’t know. Anyway, worth the listen. Thanks

I love them. You may want to try Drive By, Aether and/or Open – they’re relatively accessible but still very Necks.

RoonShareImage-637210252852194865

2 Likes

New. Ish. Fresh. Brilliant!

3 Likes

Angular Blues - enthusiastic +1

Yes, they were good. Will listen to more and probably add something to my library… we’ll see if I like them as much after a few listens.

R

This is great.

I liked it because it was sort of a throwback to old Tom Petty/Heartbreakers.

Fair enough!:sunglasses:

In just under the wire… I haven’t been able to shake this album loose from my head since I first heard it

1 Like

I agree David. Great album!