No images at all

Can you try a different dns server? 1.1.1.1?

Your logs show lots of DNS failures.

What exactly do i need to do to change the server. Probably a daft question !

I’m having the same problem, unfortunately.

I am glad it is not just me then.

DNS server set to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 there appears to be no difference but i shall re start everything again tomorrow and see if that helps

So it is definitely a router issue as having plugged the nuc directly into the BT router all data is as normal but of course roon cannot see any of the endpoints as the velop routers, to which the endpoints and displays (ipad , imac etc) are connected, are running their own wireless network.

I suspect that recently adding a couple of nodes might have caused the velop to update itself ??

Is there something that I should check in velop that would get over this.

So further testing having set the dns server via the web interface shows that the nuc retrieves data from the internet when the velop network is bypassed. But of course it cannot see the endpoints
I have had a hour with linksys and have made no progress. We have bypassed the switch and looked at the firewalls etc with no success.
I will try reinstalling the operating system on the nuc but very much doubt that will do anything because of the fact that it “works” when directly connected to the BT router.
@support I presume that there is no way of getting roon to see the endpoints on the velop network whilst connected to the BT router as that would be a solution for the time being?

So just let me reiterate that Roon is connecting with the internet in that i can search artists, find new music and stream it (or possibly that is the ipad I am searching on doing that) I can log in and out of the roon and tidal account.

I am missing most (some thumbnails seem to be there) images including icons for the endpoints. The albums have their icons like live and album pick just no image.

Ok so the roon os is re installed it has re indexed all the tracks without any apparent errors and I have no idea where to go from here……apart from giving up.

I have de authorised the nuc and re authorised the iMac which downloads the images fine. This leads me to think that that NUC or ROCK is the problem and not the network. Would I be better off running roon server on Ubuntu for a try if someone can point me in the right direction or wipe the nuc and reinstall the bios from a totally clean nuc. Again I have not a clue how to do that.
I would rather not do any of this given my level of confidence with playing around with the nuc and I only managed it following John Darko’s video !

@support is there some way that the nuc can be interrogated that might shed some light on our knowledge of what is going on so as to assist others before I start re building it. It seems that there are a few experiencing the same sort of issue.

This is very likely to be caused not by “an issue with rock running on the NUC”, but by the fact that the Velop mesh is using a different IP address range from that used by your router. See this thread:

1 Like

the rest of the system including the imac, that is working with rock are on the same velop network and presumably the same ip address thing. I have spent an hour with linksys going through this trying all number of combinations and re boots with no success. The nuc IS reaching the internet but is not passing / getting images. However it has worked on the exact same system for the past 2 years until a couple of weeks ago.
here are the ip details when connected via the velop network

and here wen connected direct to the BT hub

If someone could point me to what I need to do in the setup to alter something I will gladly give it a go and thanks in advance for all persevering

TC

Trevor, your screenshots are illustrating that indeed your Velop mesh is using a different address range from your BT hub.

Velop range: 10.141.x.x
BT hub range: 192.168.x.x

Furthermore - the two subnets are using different DNS servers - it’s not a surprise that things aren’t working for you.

1 Like

The velop needs to be in bridge mode, see below. Presumably its had a funny turn and reset itself so it’s now creating it’s own network that’s the 10.1 etc one whereas it should be being an extension of the 192.168 network.

1 Like

It has never been run in bridge mode (and we discussed and ruled this out this with Linksys during our marathon fault finding session) I understand that the Velop guest network will not work in bridge mode. That is one of the main reasons that we have the Velop. So that is not an option for me. I will see what I can do to get the nuc back to the state it was before the updates, as it has been working well for a couple of years and of all the things on the network it is only the nuc/roon combination that shows a problem. Possibly the bios is corrupted or a clean install will be the answer. Or give up on it and just use the iMac which I have now switched back to, which is connected to the same velop network and working fine.

A further re connection of the nuc shows that something inside is corrupt. There is no roon data there now at all and it will not read the attached ssd. So I will look at re installing everything into is at some point

yes, I’ve asked the system for logs, but having trouble getting them. Is the machine off?

I did see you logged in with a Mac, and all seems good with that system. Your log from 7 days ago shows a ton of DNS errors (can’t resolve accounts server, dropbox, image server).

A post was split to a new topic: Missing album artwork

Danny. I have swapped to the mac for christmas as we have guests who are keen to hear roon in all its glory on the new speakers i have built. I am going to go back and try the intel nuc again after they have gone and initially propose to try to a reinstall and start again from there. I understand that it might be an issue with the velop mesh sitting on top of the BT router and not in bridge mode. For a load of reasons bridge does not work for us. There may be other options like adding in a separate bridged mesh just for the roon if that indeed is the only solution. I will let you know where I have got to in a couple of days when everyone has gone. Thanks for your help so far. Trevor

Trevor I had a friend who struggled to get the Velop to work with his BT router in full mesh mode as well.
The secret then is to make sure everything is on the Velop network. So turn WiFi on the BT router off and plug the first Velop into the BT router and make sure everything is set up and plugged in from there.

The Velop creates a secondary network so you want to make sure every Device is on that. Everything that the BT router see’s will have the same IP address of the Velop router though, so if you run service’s like Plex server you might end up requiring double NAT, if you don’t know what that means just ignore the sentence.

If you have devices that have fixed IP or reserved addresses on the BT network these will need to move to the Velop address space as above, and again if you don’t know what that means just ignore.

Put a few hours aside for this and moving all the devices across. The Velop is a good Mesh system, though I thought it had issues with Roon

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.