No Images with New Library Setup

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Dell 7570 Core i7, 32GB Ram, 1TB SSD, Windows 10 Home - always on, no sleeping

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Gigabit ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

not an issue

Description Of Issue
I have no album art or even a profile pic. Nothing is being displayed other than a black box for placeholder.

I had to switch from a docker install (which when it worked did show images) of Core on unRaid server (had issues with it not responding after reboot) to house the server core on my office laptop. Plenty of room & horsepower.

I am in the process of importing my 123K tracks library (for the second time) located on unRaid server in same office. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Core & Client on laptop. Still no images.

Follow Up with more info. Library has finished import. Just finished setting up new Allo USB Bridge (diet-pi) as end point in another room. Using Samsung android tablet as remote, I have all images and covers showing in the tablet app. It’s just the Windows app (client) on same box as Core that is still missing all images.

Is it a corporate laptop or a private laptop that happens to be in an office.

Home office. My personal laptop.

Try disabling the windows firewall.

No effect.

Seems to have worked itself out at this end on its own. I have images now in windows app.

…And today they are gone again.

This usually seems to equate to some sort of networking issue, windows being a little hmmmm in this respect is One of the drivers for users going to ROCK.
Some get on fine with windows I should add.

Hello @Scott_March, can you elaborate on your network setup and how the laptop is connected? Also, do you have antivirus installed on the laptop? When you disabled your firewall did you also disable the antivirus?

FYI I resorted to buying a NUC and creating a standalone ROCK install to replace the server Core on the laptop. This setup seems to work fine. Client on laptop has images. All other remotes also have images (no change there).

To answer your question, laptop is wired gigabit ethernet. I am running Bitdefender Total Security on laptop. I disabled Bitdefender’s control over the Windows firewall but not the antivirus.

As I mentioned, this issue was resolved for me by adding a ROCK install to the network.

Hello @Scott_March, and thanks for the update! If the issue returns please let me know!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.