No longer have System Output as an Audio Zone

Roon Core Machine

Running Roon on a Nucleus with the latest release of OS.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

The Nucleus is wired to a Netgear Orbi 352 router.

Connected Audio Devices

I have a Cambridge Audio CXN (V2) Network Streamer as an end point working perfectly over a powerline connected to the router.

I also have a Windows 11 Samsung laptop running the Roon client.

Number of Tracks in Library

8299 tracks

Description of Issue

Normally I use the System Output audio zone on the laptop, output to a local stereo amp. Now this audio zone has disappeared and I only have the two HDMI ports, the CA streamer and Chromecast (image attached.)

This means it is impossible to use Roon from the laptop. Is it possible to re-add the laptop system output.

Your help would be much appreciated.

As a test, try turning off any Firewalls on the laptop and see if the zone appears. If so, then you will need to allow for exceptions for Roon, RoonServer, and importantly Raatserver on Public and Private. Also, verify that the network is Private.

1 Like

Hey @Tony_Farr,

Thanks for getting in touch, we’re sorry to hear that you’re having some trouble with your Remote output. Please give @Rugby’s suggestions a go, first. If that doesn’t help we’ll start with a simple hard reboot. Power down the Remote, Core, and Router, unplug them, wait 10 minutes or so, plug everything in, then power up your router, core, then remote.

Please let us know if this helps, we’ll be watching for your response and get back to you as soon as we can.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have tried turning off the firewall temporarily in my AVG Internet Security and that has solved the problem. The problem has not yet come back since reinstating the firewall. If it does come back, at least I know where to start looking.

So, thanks very much for your assistance. Now, I can once again enjoy my Nucleus.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.