No more Roon Remote for my tablet? [Resolved - Build 816 Released]

On my Lenovo tablet running Android 6.0.1can not update or even find Roon Remote (814) on Google Play.

Do I need a new tablet ? :thinking:

Hi all,

Our team is looking into this, and we are hoping that we can get some Android system logs from a few of these devices that are showing that Roon is not available. If you’re able to, can you please follow these instructions and send us logs?

First, install Roon via the manual APK download

Next steps will depend on what platform you’re using to collect logs:

Windows

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX232375

Where it says “reproduce the issue”, simply launch Roon. After you’ve launched Roon and let it sit for a minute or so, stop the logging and send us the log file via Dropbox, Google Drive, or any other file sharing service.

macOS

Where it says “reproduce the issue”, simply launch Roon. After you’ve launched Roon and let it sit for a minute or so, stop the logging and send us the log file via Dropbox, Google Drive, or any other file sharing service.

If you have any questions please let us know!

Update — Our team has identified the issue and is working on a solution currently. I’ll be sure to update everyone as soon as we have more info on this. In the meantime, the manual download option should work.

3 Likes

Is it correct that Android 6 is now the minimum rquired? I tried to install the manually downloaded APK and the install failed (on 5.1.1)

Hello,
I’m experiencing the same issue on a samsung tab A, model SM-T510 running android 11.
I just tried installing roon remote using the manual downloaded apk. It looks like its installing but then stops and a message says : app is not installed.
Looking forward for a solution, in the meantime build 806 is still working.
Thanks for your support!

1 Like

Support said to install manually and blamed google play store. Manual app says its not supported

What device? did it work ever?

Just did the manual install of the APK again following @vova’s release post on 816. This time the install succeeded and the app runs!
Thanks Team!

Hi all,

This should be resolved with Build 816. Full release notes can be seen below:

Thanks!

1 Like