No more Versions tab showing up since 1.8 update [Solution - Make sure Core and remotes are updated]

Content you’re reporting an issue with

No more Versions tab hosing after 1.8 update. FIOS/Nucleus+/Qobuz/Tidal.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Hi @Mac_Finney, can you share some screenshots of what you’re seeing? Do you have Tidal or Qobuz integrated in Roon?

Doesn’t matter which version of the album I select from initial Dire Straits search. My subsequent choice comes up with Versions tab missing. Used to say Tracks Credits Versions.

1 Like

Likewise since 1.8 update. Updated & re-installed but same issue with Versions tab vanishing.

1 Like

Hi @Mac_Finney, can you confirm that both your Nucleus and remote are up to date? Can you share a screenshot from this remote of Settings > About

Same here

No update available - yet

I’m having the same problem. I updated both my iPad and iPhone remotes today. Neither have a version tab anymore. So frustrating.

I just update my Nucleus Plus and now the version tab is back on the remotes. All set.

Hi @Frank_Roesner, it looks like your tablet isn’t updated yet. It might take some time for the update to become available in your region, but keep an eye on the app store and it should be available soon. Once everything is updated it should work.

Thanks Dylan

Are you sure you’re fully updated? In Settings > About you should see Build 831, the last build was Build 814.

1 Like

I had to go to my App Store to update the Roon Remote app . Once updated , the Album Version option was restored.

2 Likes

It seems that the only problem with versions so far is when people do not update EVERYTHING.
Always been same regime.
Core first, then all remotes….when available.
Until that is all done all bets are off as to any “problems “ with the latest update.

Good luck to all!

1 Like

That’s good to know Kevin. Being still pretty new to Roon I was unaware of this when I just updated the remotes.I’ll definitely update everything at the same time in the future.

It’s good practice to update the Roon Core first.
Then any remotes after that.
And sometimes that can mean a little wait as Roon pushes the updates to both Android and iOS stores but can’t dictate exactly how fast they will list them in the store for general consumption.

And it was not meant as any criticism, more just a fyi for good practice for the future.
Enjoy the music!

1 Like