No MQA streaming with DSP on (NAD M12)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Big Sur 11.0.1., Roon 1.7/667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

NAD M12, streaming Wifi

Description Of Issue

I have for some time now streamed without any problems to my NAD M12. Both MQA files and others. Today I started to fool around with the DSP. After activating DSP (parametric EQ + Speaker Setup) I was no longer able to stream MQA files. Roon lost contact with the M12. If i set “No MQA support” in device settings for the M12 I can stream MQA files again…

Is this a bug? Do I still get MQA of any sort with the setting on “No MQA support” on the device?

Hi @Internaut,

Welcome to the forum!

Does this issue also happen with just one of these active or only when both are active?

Does it matter what values you assign to the EQ + Speaker Setup or does the issue reproduce on any values?

Happens also with only one of them active, and on all settings it seems. BluOS 3.12.13 brw.

Problem seems to be fixed:

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know changing the Core decoder setting resolved the issue here @Internaut!

Hello @Internaut,

Are you able to reproduce this behavior with the following settings?:

A) MQA Core Decoder = Enabled
B) Parametric EQ = Enabled
C) Speaker Setup = Disabled

-John

Will check tomorrow

B) Parametric EQ = Enabled
C) Speaker Setup = Disabled

-> will not play