No music import from Cocktail Audio X50

I can’t import the music stored on the SSD of my CocktailAudio X50 into Roon. Network path is marked as invalid.

Hi @Renatus_Boeters,

Have you enabled and setup samba sharing on the X50?

Hi Carl,

Yes, I have. Though I can’t say the result is as shown in the X50 manual.
I have created a shared folder via workgroup/user-pc, resulting in the folder Users.

Hi @Renatus_Boeters ——— Thank you for the report and sharing this observation you have made with us. The feedback is appreciated!

Moving froward, may I kindly ask you to please provide the following information to help aide in our evaluation of the behavior:

1. Please provide a screenshot of the “add network share” window where you are being presented with the “invalid” warning message. I want to see how you are trying to mount the X50 in Roon.

2. Can you confirm that the share you are setting up on the X50 is reachable outside of the application on the OS level?

3. Please provide a brief but accurate description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

It works! A colleague of mine with much more Windows knowledge has assigned the SSD in my X50 to a network drive, something Explorer failed to do after making the connection. Probably a Windows 10 issue.
From there we could instruct Roon to find the music files stored on the SSD. Mind you, we hesitated to assign the MusicDB folder, since the X50 manual explicitly warns not access the MusicDB folder. But assuming Roon would only read the data, we moved forward and with success.

So I’m happy to say that I can use Roon to play the music in the MusicDB via the X50 as renderer, while reading the disclosed information about the albums, musicians etc.

Thank you and your colleaues for your willingness to help. Best Regards, Renatus

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.