No network connection to Music Folder on Naim Uniti Star

Hi @Emil_Worndle,

Have you by any chance reached out to Naim yet, as per my last message?

Not yet since the last time the issue “miraculously” has been resolved by itself, but now i will

1 Like

The answer from Naim was not really helpful:

Hi, thank you for your e-mail. This si not something we can hekp with. We do not have a Roon system set up in our office. So we cannot do any trouble shooting.

I suspect that Roon has lost contact with the Star. It may be a case of setting up the Star as a Roon end point, the same as when you first installed Roon.

If you are still having an issue. Room will be able to help.

Hi @Emil_Worndle,

Did you mention that this behavior occurs outside of Roon when you reached out to Naim? It is an important distinction that this occurs outside of Roon as well:

My questions to Naim:
“I do think that if not in Roon than at least within my network the folder containing the music in the Uniti Star should be visible.
In fact It is visible within the Windows Media Player but NOT within the Explorer and that (in my humble opinion) is the point why Roon is not working.
I have to say that I have this issue continuously every time You deliver a firmware update.
Until now i fiddled around with network resets and other uncoordinated try and error changes and got the system to work sooner or later but I would get to know what or where the cause is.
Be please therefore so kind to deliver hints and advise to overcome this annoying misbehaviour.”
I am wanting for an answer

1 Like

I give up.
Neither Roon nor Naim are able or willing to help.
Does anybody want to buy this for me useless piece of software (lifetime license?)

From their reply, I don’t think Naim understood the problem.

However, to work round the problem…

Is it essential that your music is stored on the sd card in the Star? Can you move the card or copy the music files to another computer that Roon can access?

Hi @Emil_Worndle,

Noris brought this issue to my attention and I wanted to reach out to see if you have received any more information from Naim on this issue.

As Noris mentioned in his post above, the fact that this device is disappearing more broadly (not just in Roon) is a key point here. If it was only Roon we might be able to resolve this, but unfortunately it looks like this issue goes beyond just Roon. If this issue is resolved the device should work appropriately with Roon.

We’re happy to help however we can, but ultimately some additional feedback from Naim on how to resolve the broader issue of the device disappearing is needed to resolve this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.