No Network Error no Connection

Roon is really the plague only problems with TIDAL! From day to day it licks with Roon. And no it’s not my hardware that works with every other software TIDAL. luckily I only have one year license

Apologies for the difficulties here, @Rudolf_Kopmann1!

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Has this problem always occurred with TIDAL & Roon, or is this a new behavior that you’re seeing?

In the past we have seen Google DNS help with similar reports. Can you try using Google DNS and let us know if you notice a change?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Dylan,
from my previous thread (Issues playing TIDAL content via Roon) I’m using Google DNS and problem still persist.
This is not from our network or hardware (able to play tidal app and play songs from Roon library). I suggest to check log between your server and Tidal. (I’m a system engineer and software developer)
I love Roon, but if this problem still bother me then I have to consider next year renewal.

Sakan

Hello Roon, I have Quad9 and or Google DNS as well as the DNS of my provider in the test. It does not matter which one I use, it’s up to Roon! With every other software it works fine! (Audirvana Windows) There are no recent albums in Roon (only after 1-2 days) even Tidal added albums are not visible, a cross test in Audirvana shows me the new albums and albums to the library are immediately available. Therefore, I do not need to search for errors in my network. Just as an indication I have worked in this area and built various high-end hardware, especially since I’m still traveling for Microsoft and dealing with network problems. If several other programs do not have this problem, it is probably due to the program which does not work! Greetings from Frankfurt

Today Roon will not link to my Tidal. When I enter my user name and password for Tidal I get “Network Error: check your connection”. I tried this on two different computers. My system is wired, two Windows 10 desktops with latest updates and latest versions of Roon. Network is up, able to connect to everything else.

RESOLVED - OK, I reset my AT&T modem/router and now Roon can link to Tidal. All is good for now.

1 Like

Thanks for the info, @Rudolf_Kopmann1.

Moving forward with our troubleshooting, I would like to try clearing your TIDAL cache in Roon. Please see the following instructions:

1. Shutdown your Roon Core
  2. Find and open your Roon database
  3. Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  4. Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  5. Try restarting Roon and syncing Tidal

Once you’ve cleared your cache let me know if you see any change in behavior here. Thanks!

Hi Dylan, I’ll try that later since I’m currently working.
Thanks for the great support