No “Play now” Button after “select all” in albums view [Ticket In]

Example:
Searched for “audiophile”, goto albums “view all”.
Selected one album and there is the “play now” button:

“Select all” and the “Play now” button disappears:

Why?

Cheers
NOA

I’ve moved your post to the Support category of the forum, where it will be seen and responded to by a member of the support team.

This could be a bug, since the Play Now button is certainly present when multiple albums are selected; only when “All” is selected does it disappear. This does not seem logical…

1 Like

BTW same goes for the search results for tracks ‘view all’.

I can reproduce this behavior with the Windows client (you’re using Android?). This looks like a bug to me.

By single click adding albums to the selection, I was able to select my whole search result for “a” (49 albums which is one more than on your screenshot) and still having the Play Now button.

The button immediately vanishes when I use the drop down to Select All.

When I use a search term that returns much fewer results then there’s no VIEW ALL > button (expected). Selecting an album and then using the drop down to Select All only selects the first 4 albums (even when the first one I manually selected was the 5th or 6th album of the list).

Adding the remaining albums to the selection is no problem (selection counter advances; Play Now still available).

As long as the search term is contained in the album title, as your screenshot makes me believe it could be the case, you’re better off going to the album browser and use the filter (the funnel symbol at top right, immediately left of the magnifying glass for search) instead of using the search. The Select All works there as expected. The limit there is AFAIK 999 albums.

Maybe also related: Enable Select All albums when browsing search results

Thanks!

I’m on an iPad. The filter in albums does work, with play and shuffle.
Although the result is different. Search delivers 44 albums while filter in albums delivers 34. Interesting as well…

The search uses also other information than just the album title. Look at my example with the search for “roon” above. I absolutely don’t know why it even found something for that search term. :thinking:

1 Like

Not sure what’s more worrying the bug or the fact searching for Roon brought up choices that seem to have no relevance

1 Like

I think I can live with the unrelated results as long as Janis Joplin is among them. :man_dancing:

Maybe @support can have look at the findings in this thread and confirm or not if this is a bug?

1 Like

Hi @NOA/@BlackJack,

Thanks for the report here, I am able to reproduce the above findings.
This behavior does not seem intended, I will double check with the technical team.

3 Likes

Hello All,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a bug report with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this bug will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved.

Thanks again for the report!

1 Like

Hello @NOA/@Blackjack,

We’ve just released Roon 1.7 (Build 500) which includes changes that should improve this behavior.
Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

3 posts were split to a new topic: “Select All” does not select all albums when Roon window is not maximized

It works! Seems like an awesome release altogether.
Thanks a lot!

Cheers
NOA

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.