No playback after putting a wireless gaming device on the network

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac Mini with latest build of Roon.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
Roon has worked flawlessly for years. The only change I have made is I put a wireless gaming adaptor, Linksys WGA600n, on my network.

At some point I got a rename message from about a conflict. I don’t remember exactly what it said. Since then Roon loads, network works, remote access via iOS device works.

However, when you start a song the blue bars to the left of the song number go up and down but the red cursor doesn’t advance over the file and after a few seconds Roon skips to the next song and the process repeats. You cannot configure Roon OS it just grinds away and doesn’t find anything.

Restored a backup, no help.
Deleted the Roon files in my library and started over, no help.
Had already disconnected the gaming adaptor…

Hi @Greg_Maurer,

I am looking up this device and it appears to be a type of range extender that provides a Ethernet out for your gaming systems. The conflict message you saw would likely indicate that the adapter and your Mac had the same IP address, which is not a good. I would do the following:

1. Have the gaming adapter disconnected and powered off

2. Reboot your Core and all your networking gear

3. Verify if this same issue occurs for multiple endpoints - it is not clear what your audio endpoint is here, does the same issue occur for both the the Mac Mini output and for the iOS audio output or just one and not the other?

So I renamed the core to the original name…
Rebooted everything…
Seems to work now…
I did have to Reno the optical Rendu twice though…
So I’m assuming the conflict is resolved…
Appreciate your response…

Greg

Hi @Greg_Maurer,

Glad to hear you’re up and running again! I would be careful with using that adapter if you device to add it back in at any point. I would make sure that you have DHCP turned on in your router and that it’s assigning a different IP address than the currently assigned ones (as well as making sure the gaming device is not set to static IP). Either way, good to hear the issue is resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.