No Qobuz connection

I am coming to the end of my generous free trial with Roon, and, after initial problems in setting up (which I found pretty complicated) I have enjoyed the experience of combining Qobuz with my own (large) library of music files presented in such an imaginative way. And now, for the past 3 or 4 days, I have been unable to connect to Qobuz at all from within Roon, with a continuing error message reading “Network error. Please check your connection.” The same on all phones/tablets I am using. Re-entering name and password just repeats the error message. There is nothing at all wrong with my network connection, and Qobuz continues to connect easily on the same equipment, along with Spotify etc. Roon continues to function well with my own music collection (on the same network.) I see from the Support forum that there were a lot of people having the same error messages back in January, but I cannot see any similar issues being reported recently.

I had reached the decision to subscribe to Roon when my free trial ends in early April, but really want to resolve this before investing the money. Can anyone reassure me that this is just a blip/suggest an answer/tell me that it is being fixed ?

Hi @Jeremy_Deane,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Since experiencing this issue have you tried rebooting your Core machine?

Thank you for your fast response.

Well, your suggestion of rebooting the Core machine was really helpful - because when I went to do this I discovered that Windows 10 had been doing one of its upgrades, which had interfered with running programs - i.e. Roon. So I finished off the updates, re-started Roon, and all is well again. I just hadn’t thought of checking for this, which I should have done. I won’t forget checking this if there is a next time!

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Good to hear :grinning:
I would highly recommend that if you do subscribe to Roon, to get yourself a dedicated core, NUC etc. In my trial period last year, I ran it on a Windows 7 i3, and whilst it worked, it had all sorts of glitches.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.