Not receiving BBC Radio 3

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
iMac.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I receive every Radio Station, however, I cannot receive BBC 3.
When I push the button: Play now, I get the information:

Playback was interrupted because a track failed to load.

Because this is my most favorite international Radio I hope you can advise me what to do to fix this.

Hello @Henk_ter_Maten1, I cannot see a problem my end. To help support can you give some extra information about your setup.

Please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi @Henk_ter_Maten1,

As Brian suggested above, some details about your setup would be very helpful. Have you tried multiple streams? Do they all give the same error?

Yes, there are 3 streams. The middle works, thanks to my audio supplier who gave me just 5 minutes ago this solution. Everything works fine now.

1 Like

Hello @Henk_ter_Maten1, could you elaborate please? Your solution may be of help to other people if they have the same problem.

1 Like

Hello, go to the Streams below and choose: AAC 96kpbs. That helped for me.

Though, do not choose the other streams.

Hope it helps for others.

Thank you @Henk_ter_Maten1, it sounds like Roon was trying to play a stream which was UK only. For a while, the system which should have prevented this from being offered to you was broken.
This has now been fixed and the streams you can see should all be playable.

Apologies for the difficulties you experienced.

Hi Brian, this Sunday again, no music in the Netherlands. I have only 2 streams.
On a MP3 stream no music at all and on a AAC stream, very much distortion, which worked before.

Please solve this.

Hello @Henk_ter_Maten1, is it just BBC Radio 3?
I have just tried R3 and it was fine, I then VPN’d to the Netherlands and the station worked there too.
Finally I tried through Roon’s US servers and that too was Ok.

What about other BBC stations? Or other endpoints? Can you give some more details about your setup please?

Hello, both streams BBC Radio3 work now. It makes me a little unsure.

Ok. If it happens again, can you try other BBC stations and see if they are affected at the same time please?

BBC World Service, BBC Radio 2 and 5 work fine.

BBC Radio Sussex NOT.

All these stations are not important for me.

Though thanks for your effort.

BBC Radio Sussex working here for me in the Netherlands. There’s only one stream available for the station: MP3 128kbps.

Thanks @Geoff_Coupe. (FWIW I’ve added a better stream for Radio Sussex listeners.)

@Henk_ter_Maten1. What about other stations with mp3 streams?

For instance Seasalt Radio. (This station has only mp3 streams)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.