No remote connection

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Roon core:
Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6
Macbook pro retina, 13 inch early 2015
Processor 2;7ghz i5
8gb ram
Roon 1.7 build number 528
Roon remote:
Ipad ios 13.3.1

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Sagemcom
WiFi 2.4ghz

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Aune S6Pro USB

Description Of Issue

I cannot establish a remote connection with my iPad. I checked all instructions. Everything is setup properly.

Is your iPad on the SSID network as the Mbp? be sure its not on a guest network for either of the 2 machines

Hello @Adam_Dobos,

What is shown on your iPad when you are trying to connect to your Core?

If the iPad cannot locate any Roon Cores on the network, you should see the “Help” button appear on the iPad. In the “Help” screen should be an option to manually enter the IP address of the Core. Are you able to connect to the Core when you manually enter its IP address?

-John

Hi John! Thanks for the support! I have manually entered the IP address but there is an error, because it lasted for 3 seconds only. An error message appeared on the screen, but as it lasted for 3 seconds I had no chance to read it. It is continuously trying to reconnect with no success.
Adam

have you updated to the latest iPad app for roon too?

yes thanks! I think this issue is much more complicated than that.

And the WiFi networks?

Next time, instead of the server’s IP, try 255.255.255.255 as the IP address.

Hi @Adam_Dobos,

Is there any change in behavior if you try to uninstall the Roon iPad app and re-install it from the iOS App Store?

Hi Noris,
Unfortunately not! Extremely unstable.

Hi @Adam_Dobos,

Do you have any firewalls running on the Core? Firewalls such as: Bullguard, McAFee, Kaspersky, Little Snitch? If you do, I would suggest temporarily disabling them. I would also make sure that Roon is allowed past your MacOS firewall, you can use these instructions to check this aspect.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.