No Rock on my network Is there someone that can help me

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Rock Nuc

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple airport

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Allo USB sig

Description Of Issue

Roon Rock can not Be found on network at least once a week

I would pay for support I paid for a life time license I do not want to spend a life time trying to make it work

Or can someone let me know if there is a course I should do on network building it would be great if Roon was one day plug and play

Well, a good place would be to read the Roon’s Best Networking Practices FAQ. If you do, under the router sections, it suggests not using Apple networking gear as it has issues.

Finally, we strongly recommend against using Apple network devices such as the Apple Airport Extreme and Airport Express (note: it’s fine to use the Airport Express as an Airplay device). To ensure the best performance, we recommend against using these devices.

I wish I had been told I would have to work at keeping Roon working when I paid for it

Apple gear works better than all the other gear I have tried at least with apple gear I can get it to work half the time

What do I buy to make Roon work I started using apple for at the time it was the thing that made it work

Hi Edward,

I am not official Roon support just a friendly fellow user and hopefully helpful volunteer moderator. You asked about networking and mentioned apple in your equipment above. I was just pointing out that since you seem to be having a recurring network issue, that Apple products have been known to be a potential source for that issue.

Before just going out and purchasing something, I would suggest you hang tight until support can discuss the issue with you in detail.

Daniel

Hey @Edward_Tyrie,

I am very sorry it’s been this long until we got a chance to reach back out, especially for an issue as important as discovering your Core, the brains of the entire system. I can see how anyone could get frustrated in such a situation. Please, accept my apology :pleading_face:

@Rugby, we couldn’t be more grateful for your immediate help :pray:

I was wondering if this issue is ongoing, or if there’s anything else we can help with? :nerd_face: