No Rovi/Allmusic information for new imported albums

Hi,

I’ve looked around on this forum but I wasn’t able to find an answer for this following problem:

When I copy a new album to my music storage location Roon sees the new album and adds the new album to the Roon Library but all information that one should expect to be derived from Rovi/Allmusic isn’t populated into the Roon library.

Using a web browser the information is easy to be found but Roon doesn’t show this information.

Example: “GP” by Gram Parsons or “The Balad Of Sally Rose” by Emmylou Harris.

Does anyone know how I can get the Rovi/Allmusic information into the Roon library (and showing up in their app) or is this a bug in which case tell me how to provide which data to Roon Support to analyze this problem.

Kind regards,
Jan de Ruijter

Are none of your albums showing any Rovi info? Or just done?

You probably need to Identify them from within Roon.

Hi Ludwig,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I’ve notices this behavior for the past two weeks or so, I’m not aware of a exact starting point. But albums imported before that moment are shown OK with the Rovi/Allmusic information.

I’ve tried Album => Edit => Re-Identify Album without success. I’ve tried this on several “well known” albums.

Kind regards,
Jan de Ruijter

You haven’t, perhaps, changed the Library import settings to “prefer file” as the default?

Hi,

I wonder if this may be an indication why things don’t work as expected.

Kind regards,
Jan de Ruijter

Hi,

Are you using Rock for your core by any chance?

If you are, you can try going to your Rock’s home page and just click on the “save” button on the bottom of the page without changing anything.

I occasionally come across the same problem and this fixes it.

Hope it helps

It looks like it’s having trouble talking to Roon’s metadata services for some reason.

Hi St0g1e,

I use Rock indeed, I’ll give your suggestion a try and come back with the result. I assume you are talking about the webpage for ROCK.

Kind regards,
Jan de Ruijter

Hi,

The suggestion of St0g1e didn’t solve my problem but thanks anyway.

Walking thru this forum (again) I saw some issues with dual Ethernet ports (that’s the case in my setup).

A network drawing and the Ethernet port settings for Rock (from the webui) should exxplain my setup, is this what is causing my problem?

I use this setup because a directly connected Devialet DAC improves the SQ in my situation.

Kind regards,
Jan de Ruijter

AudioSettings

Found in the log:
03/08 20:01:16 Warn: Error in web request https://metadata5.roonlabs.com/md/4/updatemetadata?uid=bbcef612-1453-4d63-a280-7ba0d66ec934&lid=&token=a41509d6-fb8a-4287-a977-aead974e2218&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363135353335&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363338353234&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363437353738&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363635303735&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363037343239&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303330323935393633&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303330303138333836&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363232383837&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303330323432303331&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303331373837353231&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133353938333736&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303238313730373239&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303333333132383638&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363334393839&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363033393036&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363135393933&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303236383339393136&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363730363536&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303330313937343931&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363031343737&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363034363739&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303238373038323336&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363235363837&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303331353036383832&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303331393636373839&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303334343337343331&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133353933313731&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363039373930&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363435313830&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363137373038&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303238353632353533&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133353938303132&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363239363234&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363132313838&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363235393532&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303335333537303231&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303236373236303833&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303133363530333830&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303330333338363137&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303236373530333138&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303331383239373031&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303330323138343731&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303138313735333435&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303138313736333433&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303333383930353530&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303138313836323037&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303333383831323134&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303238303730383134&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303236343835373731&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303138313831323137&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303138313833373334&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303138313735343533&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303138313733393431&metadataid[]=7b004d5430303138313938373933&metadataid[]=79004d5730303030333932353235&metadataid[]=79004d5730303030373836343234: NetworkError (System.Net.WebException: Aborted.
** at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (System.IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00058] in :0 **
** at Sooloos.HttpClient+<>c__DisplayClass8_1.b__2 (System.IAsyncResult resp_ar) [0x0000d] in /home/roon/roon/RoonBase/httputils.cs:172 )**

Hi,

I’ve swapped the configuration of the Ethernet1 interface (now LAN/Internet connected) and Ethernet2 (now is directly connected to my Devialet DAC) and metadata starts to populate from Rovi/Allmusic.

From a network point of view this doesn’t make sense. Perhaps one of the Roon technicians can explain this to me because I still prefer the Ethernet1 interface to be directly connected to my Devialet (better SQ)

Kind regards,
Jan de Ruijter

Rebooting my network devices (= flushing arp tables) solved my problems. So this actually wasn’t a Rock issue.

This set-up did enhance the sq though.

Kind regards,
Jan de Ruijter