No sound at all from imported music library

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

i7 PC. 16gb RAM. Windows 7. Don’'t know Roon build number but just downloaded it today so it’ll be most recent.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)*
Plusnet (UK) - ethernet.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/ect.)

Audio Engine D2 speakers hardwired to computer.

Description Of Issue

Have imported my music by no sound at all from the speakers regardless of the play outputs and tracks selected.

If you are first getting started you need to enable the zone you are playing to (Settings>Audio…Enable button and set up device).
Then you have to select that zone to play to. There’s a small icon in the lower right corner of the roon window. It should have the name of one of the enabled zones. Select that zone to play to. If you click on that zone icon a box will come up listing all your zones.
It might show up as System Output or perhaps the name of the Audio Engine D2 device.

1 Like

No snark intended, but you should read the Roon doc. You’ll get more out of the software.

Getting past the startup… seems to not be intuitive. I am not sure why. And reading the documents will help, but not until one has a foundation from which to build. All in all it is and will be worth the frustration, there are some helpful folks here, others not so much.

Many thanks Rodney. I resolved the problem on my own. Not sure exactly what the issue was first time round. I’ll read the documents - always worthwhile! But I had assumed that initial set up was intuitive which, it wasn’t, at least for me. Thanks to all who offered help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.