No sound from DoP file types on Lumin D2

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core Machine:

HP Pro Desk 600 G2 DM
Intel® Core ™ i3-6300T 3.3Ghz
RAM 8GB (7.88) usable

Roon 1.7(build 571)

Music stored on Synology DS118

Lenovo M10 Tablet as Roon Remote

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connected from core to router. Ethernet connected to Lumin D2.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Played on home audio system via Lumin D2, with Ethernet connections and Wifi Remote.

Description Of Issue

Some supported filetypes (flac), specifically on most SACD albums appears to play a song but with no music playing.

Added screenshots of example tracks playing but with no music:

Please let me know how I can approach this problem and fix it.

Sincere Thanks.

Pinging @wklie for you.

1 Like

You’re playing a DoP file (i.e. DSD encapsulated in PCM). Roon supports DoP output but does not support DoP file. Contrary to the thread title, this is not a supported file type in Roon.

You can use Lumin app to play this DoP file, but Roon won’t work.

If you really want to use Roon to play this, you will have to convert the DoP file to DSF.

Instructions for using VinylStudio to convert DoP file to DSF:

In VinylStudio, import the DoP files, make sure that they’re detected as DSD. In the tab for Save Tracks, click More (do not click the Save Tracks button ), choose Convert Recording Format and DSF. After the conversion is done, close VinylStudio and launch Mp3Tag to copy the tags from the DoP files to the newly generated DSF files.

When you try to play the converted files, turn down the volume in case there is any error or setting issue.

2 Likes

Sincere thanks for the prompt reply. I will go ahead and try the conversions.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.