No sound from Meridian 218

Roon Core
Windows PC with 64 bit.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Roon endpoint is Meridian 218
Speakers Meridian 5200SE

Description Of Issue
I have set up the Roon Core and Roon app. All my devices are visible including the Meridian 218 and are enabled but I get no sound when I try and play.

Previously using Sonos Connect into the 218 as a streamer. Now this doesn’t work either.

When I try and play through the 218 the speakers change input to SLS (presumably Sooloos)

Any thoughts?

Hi @Robert_Gould1,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

Hi @noris Thank you for this. I actually got it working in the end by redoing everything. I’m still getting a lot of drop outs “connection lost”.
Long term I think I need to consider a new NAS or Roon Nucleus. I was hoping my existing NAS would work but doesn’t appear up to spec.
Can you provide a list of recommended NAS/specs as the only ones I can see on your website are nearly 3 years old which is an age in tech terms?

Hi @Robert_Gould1,

What is your network setup like - can you list the model//manufacturer of your networking gear? Is the Core connected via Ethernet or WiFi? Any change in behavior if you try to connect via Ethernet?

As long as it meets our Minimum Requirements, it should be fine. But the symptoms above seem networking-related, and if you replace a Core and there is still a network issue, the same issues may remain.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.